DMX laser in visualizer

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

htevents

DMX laser in visualizer

Postby htevents » 20 Jun 2020, 09:43

Hello all,

I own 3 simple lasers and want to pre-build a demo show for a charity event. Does the build in Vis of T1 Sim and/or Capture (demo) show the laser beams of DMX controlled lasers, like the Laserworld CS 400G (which has a visualizer personality)?
niclights
The eManual

Re: DMX laser in visualizer

Postby niclights » 20 Jun 2020, 11:03

Unfortunately DMX lasers are not currently supported in the integrated Capture visualiser.
htevents

Postby htevents » 20 Jun 2020, 11:14

So they are supported in the full/demo/separate version of capture, just not the intergrated version?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 20 Jun 2020, 14:06

This is probably a question for Capture but my understanding is you can simulate ILDA control in the stand-alone Capture of compatible lasers where it takes a feed from the ILDA controller much like a video source. As far as I am aware the demo version of the stand-alone Capture is time limited and you cannot save, but otherwise is fully functional. The Laserworld CS-400G is not currently in the Capture library.
htevents

Postby htevents » 20 Jun 2020, 14:56

On the personality website of avolites, I see a few DMX laser personalities available for the visualizer. What do they do in the visualiser? Also, I know I can do ILDA style projections in Capture, but I need a full version of BEYOND to do that AND an FB3 or FB4. I was wondering if Capture is able to show beams of the internal patterns of a laser, controlled by DMX, so I don't need BEYOND or something alse similar.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 20 Jun 2020, 15:40

The .VIS files are for the legacy Avolites visualiser. This is no longer supported but in the case of the Laserworld CS-400G it looks like it would simulate the position, intensity and strobe in a narrow green beam. So this would provide a very rough idea of position, intensity and strobe in wireframe.

To my knowledge Capture does not currently simulate any of the built-in DMX controls for lasers. Really this is a question for Capture but I would point out that, even if it was possible to simulate it would require sufficent information to do so, just as is required for accurately simulating other (types of) fixtures. By way of an example the documentation for the Laserworld CS-400G does not provide any details about the patterns. It doesn't even provide any of the DMX information for this, other than channel offset 2 is 'Pattern'.
htevents

Postby htevents » 22 Jun 2020, 12:30

Clear answer. Thank yoy for that.

The reason I asked was: I would like to show others a bit of how a laser would sit in the show, but I guess I need a full BEYOND license plus having to buy the FB3 or FB4. That is a bit too much for me and had hoped there would be another way to get a simple laser display in Capture without distroying my wallet.