Position/orientation of fixture in build in vis titan one

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

htevents

Position/orientation of fixture in build in vis titan one

Postby htevents » 11 Apr 2019, 08:57

I would like to know how a fixture is positioned in the visualiser by default.

I have a few American DJ RXONE's and can not find out what is the front (display side) and back (connector side), without having the actual fixture with me. Can someone explain how to rotate the fixture to have the display side of the fixture facing me/the audience when programming only with the vis and without having the actual fixture with me.

Is there a certain logic of the vis to place a fixture in a default position, when patching a fixture, so I can use that logic for all the fixures I patch?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Position/orientation of fixture in build in vis titan one

Postby niclights » 11 Apr 2019, 10:30

When you select the fixtures there is a rectangle on one side of the base of moving heads represending the LCD display which you can use as a reference point in order to align with the real world. I'm not sure about default but usually they will initially be oriented as if hung vertically from a truss with the display facing stage right.

Please be aware that the accuracy of the simulation including pan/tilt is entirely dependent on the information available. Typically this will be the details provided by the manufacturer in the manual or other documentation or via customer feedback. Sadly the majority of manufacturer's do not provide all of the details necessary. Certainly in this case I cannot see find information about pan/tilt calibration. I do not know if accurate information has been found in order to calibrate or know whether the current simulation is correct but it is important to understand that it may not be. However, if one or both axis move in the opposite direction in real life you should be able to use the invert function in the console as a solution when on site.
htevents

Postby htevents » 11 Apr 2019, 17:09

Nic, you are a hero.

I will keep in mind that if the information is not present at Avolites, it can differ from real life positions. If I experience divergence from the real fixture, where can I report it so it can be changed for futere users/updates?

Again, thank you for your help.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 11 Apr 2019, 17:29

The best way is to submit a request via the form on the personality website. To avoid any confusion please select only 'Capture (c2o)' from the Desk Type options, input the model name as it appears in the library and make it clear in the notes section that it is regarding issues with the Capture simulation with as much detail as possible. You could submit a bug report to the same effect but the bug queue doesn't have any email notifications such as when a request is complete at the moment. Note that the Capture files are facilitated by a third-party and they need specific information. In the case of pan/tilt there is a calibration guide with three questions. I would normally email this to any customers for relevant queries. However, this requires access to the real-world fixture. In case it is helpful I will email you a copy in advance. If you then find any differences on site and get time (not so easy I know) then you could note down the answers and put them in the notes section of your request. It might involve some turning your head upside down if they are hung but hey!