Not sure how to connect Visualiser software to Pearl 2000

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Beginner's Visualiser

Not sure how to connect Visualiser software to Pearl 2000

Postby Beginner's Visualiser » 03 Mar 2004, 15:09

Hi, Can anyone tell me how do i connect my visualiser to my pearl 2000 simulator? ive check the manuals, dont really get what is said. I dont have a console @ home, i just wish to do some practice, set some cues and load them into the real console the next day.

Thanks
:oops:
Low_ID

Connecting Visualiser to Pearl Sim

Postby Low_ID » 03 Mar 2004, 22:24

If you have correctly installed both programs, and you have your dongle, it is, indeed, very easy to connect them.

I suggest you to download the demotheatre.exe or the Plasa2003Demo.exe files from http://www.avolitesdownload.com/Visualiser.stm because they are unlocked (no need for a dongle), and you have there the theatre for the Visualiser and the show for the Simulator with the same patch.

Once you have loaded each one in his program, all you have to do is to choose "Simulator" under the DMX selection in the Visualiser, and they will be connected.

You can do some training in that way, and after that you can start from a wipeall and do your own patch. Notice that the folder where you direct the Simulator when patching fixtures must have an aps.cmp file in order to obtain the personalities.

Good luck

Low_ID
Granni

Beginner's Visualiser

Postby Granni » 08 Mar 2004, 05:18

Hi,

I have tried to link using the "Simulator" command. But i find none is it under the Advanced->DMX Simulator?

If so there is a box thats all

thanks
Granni

Beginner's Visualiser

Postby Granni » 08 Mar 2004, 05:21

Oops sorry about that, i missed the Run command
Alright its workign now, thanks alot.

Though wat the Dongles for, till today its still in my cupboa :lol: rd