How can I tell the default orientation of my fixtures?

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

quinnbrabender

How can I tell the default orientation of my fixtures?

Postby quinnbrabender » 20 Aug 2018, 21:59

I'm patching a few R1 Washes into the visualizer.

How can I tell which side of the fixture has the screen and which side has the DMX inputs via the wireframe in the Visualizer? It seems like there is a tiny box on one side and a tiny circle on the other. I'm assuming the box is the screen and circle is an input?
niclights
The eManual

Re: How can I tell the default orientation of my fixtures?

Postby niclights » 20 Aug 2018, 22:08

Yes. The square box on one side of the base of moving heads that use standard 3D models (used for the majority of fixtures) represents the fixture LCD display and you should use this to orient the fixtures. I think the circle represents the power cable but I'm not sure how accurate this is or whether it should be relied on. Occasionally fixtures might have custom 3D models where the representation might be slightly different but these are quite rare - usually just particularly unusual fixtures that can't be represented using the standard models.
quinnbrabender

Re: How can I tell the default orientation of my fixtures?

Postby quinnbrabender » 20 Aug 2018, 22:24

niclights wrote:Yes. The square box on one side of the base of moving heads that use standard 3D models (used for the majority of fixtures) represents the fixture LCD display and you should use this to orient the fixtures. I think the circle represents the power cable but I'm not sure how accurate this is or whether it should be relied on. Occasionally fixtures might have custom 3D models where the representation might be slightly different but these are quite rare - usually just particularly unusual fixtures that can't be represented using the standard models.

Wonderful, thanks for the quick reply.