Importing a patched Capture file

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Judge

Importing a patched Capture file

Postby Judge » 05 Jul 2018, 15:24

Can someone talk me through the procedure here? I have been given a show that was created in Capture 2018 - and saved as an Atlas file.
It is all patched and looks right in Capture.
I tried to import it into Titan One - and it does so but without patch. Do I need to patch the desk first? I thought that it would see the Capture patch and configure itself. Have a missed a step? Do I need the Titan file as well?
Thanks
niclights
The eManual

Re: Importing a patched Capture file

Postby niclights » 05 Jul 2018, 15:55

Currently there is no automatic patch from the integrated Capture but assuming you are using Titan v11 it will try to patch from the stand-alone Capture. You can use the demo version - just make sure it is Nexum or above. This relies on the Titan personalities having links to the associated Capture fixtures. I cannot guarantee if they will all work but no harm in trying. Make sure you update your personality library first to have the best chance.
Judge

Postby Judge » 05 Jul 2018, 16:48

Right, what I was trying to do is to bring the Capture stage into Titan ie import a c2p file and then use the internal viz component to work with. Rather than network the Capture program.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Jul 2018, 17:43

If you just want to get the theatre then you can load it in Titan via the Capture Settings window, show tab, import.

If you want to use the Capture theatre to automatically patch fixtures in Titan then you need to use the stand alone Capture for this but once you have the patch then you can carry on with just Titan (I think it should grab the theatre for you as part of the show sync but if not you can just import the theatre once you have the patch). Note that in addition to the reliance on the Titan personalities having links to the associated Capture file it also uses the fixture channel property in Capture to derive the user number. If these have been set and there are duplicates then the duplicates won't patch - in this case you just need to edit them so they are unique numbers or remove all of the channel numbers. You can find more details in the release notes and manual.
Judge

Postby Judge » 05 Jul 2018, 19:21

That makes it a lot clearer thanks.
I opened the project in Atlas, then started up Titan Simulator (both on same PC)
Then Patch and select Active fixtures.
It gave me the choice to import, and there it all is, good.
Except that it has stuck it all on one universe, I guess because I only have the solo edition of Atlas, although the original patch is over 2 universe.

I also neglected to pay attention to the Capture Channel number in Fixtures window, so I have auto generated user numbers in Titan.
Should have paid attention more to that part of your post :/

But I guess now that I have the rig in a Titan file I can go ahead and repatch there and allocate the user numbers that I want.
Though that is probably not the ideal way to do it.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Jul 2018, 19:56

Obviously it is probably easier to just repatch but you could install Nexum or 2018 (they install separately so you can have Atlas and Nexum and 2018 at the same time if you want) and just use them in the time-limited mode. Technically speaking this feature is not designed to work with Atlas. It is Nexum and above. But if it worked then I guess that's fine!