Visualiser / Simulator problems

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

mumbles

Visualiser / Simulator problems

Postby mumbles » 21 Jul 2006, 17:46

Have searched through the forum, but haven't found an answer to my problem.

Today, I downloaded the vis and the sim for my new pc. I started in the vis, and was fine with setting up the theatre, truss, risers and lights etc, but when I try to connect to the sim it brings up the message "To access this part of the visualiser, you need to purchase/r/n a Dinkey Dongle from Avolites". When I installed the programs, it said that I didn't need a dongle,...What am I doing wrong?
Ed

Postby Ed » 31 Jul 2006, 10:41

Which Sim software are you using it with? Is it the Pearl Simulator or the Diamond 4 Virtual Panel?
Last edited by Ed on 03 Aug 2006, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.
Avolites Software Team
mumbles

Postby mumbles » 31 Jul 2006, 11:42

I'm using the pearl 2004 sim, version 1, dec 20 2004
Ed

Postby Ed » 03 Aug 2006, 12:16

Ahh, I think I know what the problem is.

A few days ago our downloads page reverted back to its old server, and so was showing old pages.

This problem has now been fixed and you should go to the Vis download page and download the currecnt version of the Vis - version 7.10
Avolites Software Team
Jasper

Re: Visualiser / Simulator problems

Postby Jasper » 10 Dec 2006, 16:21

mumbles wrote:Have searched through the forum, but haven't found an answer to my problem.

Today, I downloaded the vis and the sim for my new pc. I started in the vis, and was fine with setting up the theatre, truss, risers and lights etc, but when I try to connect to the sim it brings up the message "To access this part of the visualiser, you need to purchase/r/n a Dinkey Dongle from Avolites". When I installed the programs, it said that I didn't need a dongle,...What am I doing wrong?

I've had the same problem over here, but i was using the 7.10 version of Vis. Restarting my computer solved the problem, but I don't understand why it happend anyway :?