Locate in built-in visualizer

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

chien0721

Locate in built-in visualizer

Postby chien0721 » 28 Feb 2018, 13:13

I am learning to use Titan mobile and its built-in visualizer. However, after click “locate” function in the visualizer, the intensity just can’t be turned off. I tried to click clear, exit in the Titan mobile simulator but nothing responded. Any way I can release the intensity?
Btw, I’m not using capture but built-in visualizer.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Locate in built-in visualizer

Postby niclights » 28 Feb 2018, 13:25

Assuming the personality controls the real-world fixture correctly and after pressing clear the real-world fixture turns off then I would guess that the dimmer in the visualiser file is set to a different channel offset than the one in the console personality.

Is this a factory personality and visualiser file?
chien0721

Postby chien0721 » 01 Mar 2018, 14:18

I think it’s a factory file.
Well, instead of using visualizer to patch, I patch with the actual console, pearl expert, first. I then open the visualizer and click locate in a pop-up window. But I couldn’t find a way to clear the intensity in the visualizer. I am wondering if this could be the problem?
By the way, is there any difference between patching in the visualizer and the real console?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Mar 2018, 14:40

If you are running the Avolites Visualiser as a stand-alone application then if you select a DMX source such as 'Simulator' then they should turn off.

If you use the embeded version in Titan then it will automatically patch supported fixtures to the Visualiser when you patch them in Titan. I would recommend using this.

I'm not sure how to answer your question about difference. If you use the stand-alone application then you need to ensure you are patching the correct fixture/mode etc. I think the easiest way to think of the Visualiser is like it is the real world. Note that since the introduction of the Capture Visualiser in Titan v10.0 the Avolites Visualiser is no longer supported.