Spoiler

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

tonili

Spoiler

Postby tonili » 03 Jan 2018, 20:06

Is there a way of getting rid of the spoiler. I am programming a show running 8 DMX outputs using the simulator and an external Capture and the spoiler is doing its job too well as at times the fixtures will not return to their original state and also at times the spoiler values are placed in the programmer.

I have tried plugging a Titan 1 in but since this will only output 1 DMX line, I will only get that one line.

Is there any other way to go around this which does not involve spending money on a titan mobile, as this is getting tiring.

Anton
Gregory

Re: Spoiler

Postby Gregory » 04 Jan 2018, 11:38

No, it is not possible to disable the spoiler without plugging in either a TitanOne or Titan Mobile. However what you are describing about values not returning to their original values after the spoiler sounds like it may be a bug; as such would you be able to provide further information so that we can attempt to recreate the problem. In particular what software version are you running and are there any specific steps which will always cause it to happen ideally set out as a sequence of steps from a new show.
tonili

Postby tonili » 04 Jan 2018, 16:28

Good afternoon Gregory,

I am running V10.1, but this was also present with previous versions. In the past I had already discussed this with Peter Budd. The situation of the fixtures not returning to their original status could be a Capture issue, as restarting Capture returns these "lost" fixtures. (Most affected are Prolight Diamond 19 LEDs, but also had issues with Clay Paky Sharpy Washes).

The other issue with the "spoiler" values remaining in the programmer is more of a worrying issue, since at times I am programming fixtures which are not currently visible on the screen, and common sense would indicate that this is an Avolites software issue.

I tried running 2 Simulators on different pcs and use the capture visualiser off one of the sessions, but then the Capture component on the Avo Titan software does not support complex capture files, and if I am not mistaken I also had issues with the spoiler there.

Hope that the above will help you in identifying the issue, and thanks again for your support.

Regards

Anton
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 04 Jan 2018, 16:45

I can't say I've ever noticed controls entering the programmer but here are definitely occasions where controls values get stuck after the spoiler. I've seen it happen a lot and I'm confident it's Titan rather than Capture but I'm not sure it's one of those things that will have consistent steps to repeat. More likely intermittent. Patch a number of fixtures with a reasonable number of controls (for example Robe MMX Spot), Capture, play around adjusting values of all fixtures together until spoiler runs, see if any of them look different at end. If not continue until they do. I think the key here is having a number of the same fixture where you are adjusting them together so it will be easy to see when something has hung over from the spoiler. (Greg - see #22230 and #25110)