Visualizer Limits?

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

BobbyPee

Visualizer Limits?

Postby BobbyPee » 24 Sep 2017, 23:15

I'm trying to use the built in visualizer on Titan One and Titan Mobile Simulator. In both instances, it seems the visualizer is limited to output only one universe of DMX, despite having 4 universes outputting via ArtNet. I know there must be something I'm missing. Please forgive me, long time user, but first with the visualizer.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Visualizer Limits?

Postby niclights » 25 Sep 2017, 00:30

There are no such limitations that I'm aware of. Are you sure the fixtures you have patched are being simulated?
BobbyPee

Postby BobbyPee » 25 Sep 2017, 05:11

Yes, I have 48 Elation ACL's patched. Only 25 are outputting when I locate. The personality is 20 channels, so 25 fixtures is 500 channels. So for some reason, it seems I only have control over the first universe in the visualizer.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 25 Sep 2017, 09:59

There are five different Elation fixtures with 'ACL' in the name in the library at the moment but I'm assuming you mean the Elation ACL 360i as that is the only one that has a 20 channel mode (Extended).

This seems to work fine for me:

(Titan Simulator in TitanOne mode)

- New show
- Capture
- Patch 48x Elation ACL 360i, Extended mode
- Exit
- Select all fixtures
- Locate

= All fixtures highlight and output light.

Do the fixtures on the second universe highlight in Capture when you select their fixture handles?

What happens if you start a new show and patch one dimmer on universe 1 and another on universe 2?