Cannot load Showtec Hurricane 575 Personality

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

manucaco

Cannot load Showtec Hurricane 575 Personality

Postby manucaco » 08 Jun 2006, 13:07

hello, i've downloaded the file which contains the personality for this fixture and I have no problem with the Pearl Simulator, but when I point in the visualizer to the directory with this personality i cannot see in the list to add the fixture.

Can someone help me? I have to do something more to add this fixture and use it in visualizer?

Can I make something with the VisWiz to solve this problem?

Tx
Ed

Postby Ed » 08 Jun 2006, 13:42

Visualiser needs two personalities for each fixture - an extension file and an R20 file.

At the moment there is Visualiser personality for the Showtec Hurricane 575 Personality.

To have this personality made, please go to the Personalities Website and request it

Ed
Avolites Software Team
manucaco

I solve the problem... then R20 file was wrong

Postby manucaco » 08 Jun 2006, 13:59

Well well well... thanks for the quick reply... anyway I alredy was using the STH575M2.R20 file from the avolites personality web....

but the problem is that in the begining of the file when it specify the type of fixture, I found these:

; Mirror/Head resolution
MIRROR 0 570 270
; | | |
; | | |_______ maximum tilt movement (in degrees)
; | |____________ maximum pan movement (in degrees)
; |_________________ 1 means moving mirror, 2 means moving head

I look in other files and "EUREKA" the zero was pretty wrong... I supose the Visualizer uses these Attributes to filter and list the fixtures in the combos, and with this one was not possible.

I've change that, so:

; Mirror/Head resolution
MIRROR 2 570 270
; | | |
; | | |_______ maximum tilt movement (in degrees)
; | |____________ maximum pan movement (in degrees)
; |_________________ 1 means moving mirror, 2 means moving head

Well, now I going to patch an try the show with Simulator and Vis, I hope that all will be right.

Thanks for all.
Ed

Postby Ed » 08 Jun 2006, 14:55

My understanding is that with just the R20 file the visualiser will work for some attributes, but not all
Avolites Software Team