Visualiser not in 3D

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

lopesmacp

Visualiser not in 3D

Postby lopesmacp » 13 Oct 2016, 15:07

Im new with Avolites. I Run the Titan One in a PC.

It was advertised the V10 of titan one upgreat would feature a 3D visualiser, but i keep getting the regular 2D. How can i get the 3D?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Visualiser not in 3D

Postby niclights » 13 Oct 2016, 15:16

If by '3D' you mean rendered beams rather than wireframe then this is available as 'Capture Visualiser' ([Open Workspace Window]/[Capture Visualiser]). Note that not all fixtures are/can be simulated but to test you can patch dimmers.
lopesmacp

Postby lopesmacp » 13 Oct 2016, 16:34

I use 6 Lightmaxx P64 PAR's
4 Chinese Moving Heads
2 Infinity IW 720
2 Sunstrips Active DMX as Blinders.

Can i simulate all of them? If not, is there some workarround i could do?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Oct 2016, 17:07

The Sunstrips and IW-720 definitely are. Please see the guide here for information on how to request Capture files for those that are not.
lopesmacp

Postby lopesmacp » 13 Oct 2016, 18:42

Would you suggest i use another similar Lightmaxx PAR 64 fixture so i could program while the personality isnt created?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Oct 2016, 19:29

I think that's really for you to decide. If you need to program quickly and/or need the visualisation then perhaps yes? But you would then presumably have to use fixture exchange to get it back to the correct fixture.

I have received your requests but unfortunately you have not provided the necessary information as detailed in the guide that I linked to below. In particular it is not possible to create Capture files from Titan personalities alone. We will require comprehensive documentation for each fixture containing photometric data, physical dimensions/drawings, pan/tilt ranges, gobo's and cell layouts (where applicable) along with full DMX mapping. Where fixtures do not already exist in the library (ie. 'Lightmaxx PAR 64 Dimmer' please submit separate a request for the TItan (.d4) personality along with documentation containing full DMX mapping information - unfortunately it is not possible to use or add .d4 files created or modified by customers.

You should now receive a separate emails relating to each of your requests asking for more information. Please reply to each one with the relevant documentation.