Exporting/Saving Visualiser Files

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

DkJones

Exporting/Saving Visualiser Files

Postby DkJones » 19 Aug 2016, 14:38

Hi,

I am using Titan v10 on a Win7 PC (i5, 8Gb Ram). Using the Simulator, I am creating a show but I'm struggling to save the capture visualiser files. Sometimes they save and appear in the import/export window (on the visualiser settings window) - other times, it saves but the show doesn't appear in the window. Thus I cant recall that show if I close titan or switch to another file.

I'm trying to create a template file with all the stage 'boxes' (walls, floor, etc) set and then import that file to edit for a show. The template has saved fine. I'm trying to save the edited 'template' file under a new name, this is what isn't appearing in the settings export window. The latest file says it was last saved over an hour ago (which was when I last saved it).

I haven't been able to find a pattern or a cause. Just sometimes it saves fine and the file appears, and othertimes - it doesn't appear. Is there something I'm not doing correctly?

Thanks in advance
Dan
niclights
The eManual

Re: Exporting/Saving Visualiser Files

Postby niclights » 19 Aug 2016, 17:10

Do you have the list filtered somehow? The Capture files are saved under the current show. If you have the 'All' filter selected it should show everything, but if for example you started a new show and filtered to another show, when you save it will not appear in the list as it would actually be under 'Unsaved Show'.
DkJones

Postby DkJones » 24 Aug 2016, 08:38

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I've just tried exporting/importing again to check. The filter is set to all during both bits. Here is a screenshot of my PC (I think I embedded correctly).

So I exported the capture as 'Dance 2' - Then I took the above screenshot. I cant see the file in the browser to import again :-(

I am on a university PC with restricted access to the C drive - would that affect it? considering it has been saving some exports?

Thanks
Dan
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 24 Aug 2016, 10:29

The restricted access sounds like it might be the reason but strange that some things show and others don't. Hopefully someone else might have more ideas!