Download Visualiser 6.08 WinXP Problem

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Richard Simpson

Download Visualiser 6.08 WinXP Problem

Postby Richard Simpson » 11 May 2004, 16:13

I have just downloaded the above and when run there is an exception at the bottom of the screen starting "c:\documents and settings\jonathon salzedo\projects etc"

Have you got the right version posted as I assume these are settings personal to whoever Jonathon is!!!
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 11 May 2004, 17:55

Yes you have downloaded the right version. You get this exception when something goes wrong.

Can you send us a screenshot of the visualiser window? Use {Alt} and then {Print Screen}.

Jonathan bye the way is the name of the programmer who wrote Visualiser.
Avolites Software Team
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 12 May 2004, 09:47

Thanks for the screen shot.

This problem is due to there being an Extensions file but no Personality file. To resolve this problem you need to delete two folders in the Vis program directory called “Extensions” and “Personalities”. Then download the latest Visualiser personalities from our website at http://www.avolitesdownload.com/Personality%20Library/Downloads/Vis%20&%20R20%20upgrade.exe. Once you have downloaded the upgrade you then need to run it. Once it has finished successfully you can now run Visualiser and you should find that your problem is resolved.
Avolites Software Team

Postby Guest » 12 May 2004, 11:32

Thanks Ollie all sorted now. Do you have a Visualiser fixture for the Pulsar Chroma Panel?
Anzi

Postby Anzi » 13 Sep 2004, 11:05

I also have problem with visualizer. If I copy DTXR25WS.R20 Personality file (disk 4) to Personalities folder the visualizer crashes with error:

run.cpp; line 3447 EAcceessViolation...

AND thereis no DTXR25WS.vis - file in the Extensions folder or any other fixture with the same device name.
-Anzi-