Capture - not all fixtures placed in vsualiser

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

SteveKing

Capture - not all fixtures placed in vsualiser

Postby SteveKing » 03 Jul 2016, 00:11

Titan 10 and components installed without any problems, all shows successfully imported. As expected I had to update personalities to place them in Capture. whilst many fixtures were placed in the visualiser, some were not. I've tried the import procedure several times to no avail. Any suggestions please.

The fixtures that did not import were, Studio Due CS4 and Chauvet Colordash ParHex 7.

These fixtures are correctly patched in the show file and I've connected several ParHex's to the console and they are functioning correctly which confirms that everything else is fine.

niclights
The eManual

Re: Capture - not all fixtures placed in vsualiser

Postby niclights » 03 Jul 2016, 00:38

Not all fixtures are available in Capture. You can request new ones via the form here.
SteveKing

Postby SteveKing » 03 Jul 2016, 08:57

Thanks,

I'll get on with requesting the fixtures.
SteveKing

Postby SteveKing » 04 Jul 2016, 22:13

Hi,

Well I've received emails confirming the availability of the fixtures, downloaded and installed the appropriate file, run through the fixture update procedure and the fixtures still do not show in Capture.

I have toyed with the idea of deleting all affected patched fixtures and re-patching, but that's a bit of a pain and I'm not convinced it will cause them to auto-patch.

Cheers.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 04 Jul 2016, 22:24

Which ColorDash exactly are you talking about (model and mode, please :) ) Most of them are already in both libraries.

The CS-4 has been updated yesterday, and most likely was uploaded only today. Maybe you give it another try.

Regarding already patched fixtures: Patch->Edit Fixtures->Update Personality is what you want ...
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Jul 2016, 00:50

I updated both of the requested personalities which went in last nights build. You received the email notifications after I had checked this was successful.

As Sebastian mentions, after installing the latest library you would need to update any personalities already patched in showfiles before they will work. Alternatively you can use fixture exchange.
SteveKing

Postby SteveKing » 05 Jul 2016, 21:01

Hi,

Just downloaded the latest personality file. The ParHex's and CS4's were present and the personality update procedure has patched them into Capture. All good :) Thanks.

In retrospect, I think I was a little premature yesterday and the fixtures were not yet in the personality file I downloaded........ I must also have missed that there were no personality updates available when I came to edit and update personalities. In the words of Homer Simpson...... D'oh!