new visualiser locate bug

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

oliverst14

new visualiser locate bug

Postby oliverst14 » 30 Jun 2016, 21:46

hello

i have set locate up so that it doesnt store the locate attributes to the programmer so after clicking locate the values dont continue into my cue however after doing this when i click locate the light output no longer shows in the visualiser. is this a bug or something im doing wrong?

thanks
niclights
The eManual

Re: new visualiser locate bug

Postby niclights » 30 Jun 2016, 21:55

Locate values never go into the programmer. Can you please clarify what you have done?
oliverst14

Postby oliverst14 » 01 Jul 2016, 00:00

selected clear located attributes after right clicking locate
oliverst14

Postby oliverst14 » 02 Jul 2016, 10:02

So I realised after spending some extra time with Titan that it was my programming that was causing this error.
I wasn't setting enough information in the programmer so that if I raised another fader and then this one it would stick with the previous faders intensity ect because the fader had no other information to go off.

This is a huge learning curve for me but I'm already picking a fair amount up. The program is unreal how much can be done with it :) very happy customer
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Jul 2016, 17:25

It may be that you were trying to do something different anyway but regarding the locate option [Clear Located Attributes] I'm not certain this is working as designed at the moment. I'm a bit confused about the function so need to check but certainly if this is enabled, selecting a fixture and then pressing clear just deselects the fixture and the entry in the undo history is 'Clear Selected Fixtures'. This doesn't look right.

Gregory - do you have any thoughts?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 03 Jul 2016, 13:01

Correction to the above.

Crucially I meant to write "if this is enabled, selecting a fixture and then pressing LOCATE just deselects the fixture and the entry in the undo history is 'Clear Selected Fixtures"