V10 Capture Stage Elements

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

nrosten

V10 Capture Stage Elements

Postby nrosten » 29 Jun 2016, 16:19

Hi all,

on a new test show you get a floor / back wall in stage elements.
if you clear it out and click the add+ button the only elements you get is Box.
is there any plans for other elements ? my setup I wish to visualize is for a client skating rink which has a back wall, left and right side wall and a floor. The box element is no good as that seems more geared to boxes on a stage rather than a large box with lights inside it and would pose issues with the camera as the default view is more of less perfect for what I need bar the need for a left and right side wall.

as I type this I suppose I could just use lots of boxes and make them thin to represent the the side walls / floor to get it how I want? :)

So far liking V10 and specifically like the custom window sizes which will be a huge help for me as the venue makes heavy use of duel touchscreens versus the titan mobile controls (bar the obvious like GM, all on faders and such).

Many Thanks
Neil
Gregory

Re: V10 Capture Stage Elements

Postby Gregory » 29 Jun 2016, 17:32

Currently the only elements that you can create or manipulate in Titan (apart from the fixtures) are boxes. You can however import Capture project files that contain other elements. There is a possibility that other elements may be available through Titan in future however I would not expect this to have all the options and CAD environment that you would get from stand-alone Capture. It is now possible to purchase a copy of Capture along with a console, details can be found here.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 29 Jun 2016, 18:47

As you say you can just use boxes to represent the walls and floor (this is what the floor and wall in the default theatre are).
nrosten

Postby nrosten » 29 Jun 2016, 19:09

thanks for the swift replies guys.

Use of the boxes will do fine for the moment. There has to be some difference in feature set between the free vis and the paid version otherwise capture would go out of business :)
Regardless of the feature set the new vis is a massive improvement over the old. Just being able to see the correct gobo's for the moving heads onsite is a massive plus.
Its going to take me some time to get the stage to match the venue which is fine. I will have to get my laser measure out and work out the distances as no cad drawings are avail.

Neil