Visualizer and titan simulator connection

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Branrman

Visualizer and titan simulator connection

Postby Branrman » 12 Apr 2016, 07:28

Hey guys, Im new to avolite and using simulators. I have downloaded the Titan Suite and i have the simulator. Im not sure how to connect them. I have used the simulator to understand the board, but i cant seem to figure out how to connect it to the simulator. I have tried searching the forum and reading instructions, but i just cant seem to get it? can you guys give me a hand. Thanks
johnmaggs

Re: Visualizer and titan simulator connection

Postby johnmaggs » 12 Apr 2016, 08:26

I have the same problem ,I have spent hours trying to find the answer
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 12 Apr 2016, 09:29

I'm not too sure what you mean by 'connect'?

The Titan Simulator is a single application. When launched you will see a splash screen where you can select which console you would like to simulate. If you choose 'Titan One' a window will open with controls incorporated. If you choose any other console there will be a separate 'Virtual Panel' that mimics the hardware.

/edit: apologies - I just saw the 'Visualiser' part in your title. The Avolites Visualiser is built into Titan and can be opened via [Open Workspace]/[Visualiser]. If you want to run the Visualiser as a stand-alone application then simply select the 'Simulator' radio button in Visualiser.
Branrman

Postby Branrman » 12 Apr 2016, 09:58

What happens is when I open Titan simulator, and I open the visualizer, I don't see a way to have the visualizer controlled by the simulator. I can't seem to do that. Is there something I'm not doing right? I'm confused
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 12 Apr 2016, 11:13

Are you opening the Visualiser workspace from within Titan or are you launching it as a separate application?
Branrman

Postby Branrman » 12 Apr 2016, 18:20

i am launching it from within the titan suite
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 12 Apr 2016, 18:57

I'm still not entirely sure what you mean. Normally you would launch Titan Simulator, then choose your console (let's say Titan One) and then in Titan press softkey F ([Open Workspace Window]) then use the [Previous] or [Next] softkeys until you find [Visualiser]. Select the [Visualiser] softkey to open the Visualiser workspace window.

If that is what you are doing can you please explain the problem?
Branrman

Postby Branrman » 13 Apr 2016, 08:13

I reinstalled the titan suite. It's fixed now. I could never open up the visualizer window. Everytime i would click it, it would open up another folder on my computer that was for the visualizer. On my computer, I have the "Avolites" folder and inside of it I have the titan suite. And in that folder I had one that said "visualizer". And every time I clicked on visualizer on the titan simulator software. It would open up the visualizer folder and it would never work. But I reinstalled everything and it works great. Thank you for the help. I was getting frustrated haha
johnmaggs

Postby johnmaggs » 13 Apr 2016, 12:25

I see .I did not realize that the visualizer was internal to the Titan 1 simulator!. How do you edit the position, and other installation information for simple lanterns?
johnmaggs

Postby johnmaggs » 13 Apr 2016, 16:59

I found the info so can now edit the positions just like in the normal visualizer ap
I am still trying to find out if it is possible to change the colour parameters in a 3 led colour changer from LTP to HTP
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Apr 2016, 18:32

LTP and HTP are a console function and not related to the Visualiser which is just simulates the fixtures. Currently only 'dimmer' can be HTP in Titan. All other attributes are fixed as LTP. However, you can set playbacks to mode 2 via [Edit Times] which will cause LTP attributes to fade by fader.
johnmaggs

Postby johnmaggs » 13 Apr 2016, 21:55

The problem I am trying to get round is the ltp triggering which causes the colour to jump to the ltp value in the next playback to be faded in. I want to be able to fade in the three colored leds as though I am controlling them with 3 distinct dimmers .I accomplish this at the moment by patching a dimmer to each of the colours of the led fixture. Although this works as I want is is tedious and costs lots of faders . a fixture type approach would be much better. I have tried the mode 2 style play back but it doesnot give me the multi dimmer type of operation I am after. Is there any plan to upgrade the ability of Titan to be able to have the option of either ltp or htp colours particularly for led colour changers. Alternatively can a generic "multi dimmer" fixture with multiple dimmers be created?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 14 Apr 2016, 09:38

The requirement to define or set attributes as HTP is understood but I can't say if or when it might be implemented.

If all you want to do is manually colour mix with RGB across three faders then mode 2 will do the job. Just ensure that you only record the appropriate control to each playback (ie. clear, place red at full in programmer and record by channel then repeat.) Using record by fixture or recording any of the other components, including at zero will not work.

Regarding a multi-dimmer personality it is possible to do this with cells but I'm not sure I can see any advantage?
johnmaggs

Postby johnmaggs » 14 Apr 2016, 11:15

Well I have tried but its beaten me . I will just have to put up with using dimmer channels. If you do happen to have a moment could you create a very simple show with one Chauvet colorado 1 tri tour using the tour 10 dmx profile and set it up to have four playbacks one set for 100% red only mode 2 , one set for 100% green only mode 2 one set for %100 blue only mode 2 and one set to 100% dimmer only hopefully your show will result in the same effect as having individual dimmers for each colour and the main dimmer .Thanks for all your help , I hope you can show me a program that will do what I need at some time Best regards John Maggs
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 14 Apr 2016, 15:17

It is quite simple. Please follow these steps:

- Clear
- Select fixture(s)
- Press [C] above the wheel display until the wheels are connected to Red/Green/Blue or White as required.
- Adjust only one component (ie. just red) and wheel to 100%
- Record
- Use softkey A to set record mode to 'Channel' if it isn't already
- Select empty playback

Repeat for the other three components taking care to clear the programmer after each playback has been recorded and ensuring that only one control is ever in the programmer (ie. just red for the first one, then just green etc.)

- [Edit Times]/select playback/toggle to Mode 2
- repeat for each playback

- Clear
- Select fixture(s)
- Manually set all four colour components back to zero by wheel (can be by other methods but using wheel for this example)
- Clear

- Raise master intensity (if necessary) and then use the four playbacks to proportionally control their associated component.