Titan Simulator And WYSIWYG Help

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

hantoo

Titan Simulator And WYSIWYG Help

Postby hantoo » 02 Nov 2014, 21:43

Hi guys;
For the past day I've been trying to get my titan sim to talk to WYSIWYG over Artnet.
I have one PC(PC1) running the avolites sim software and I have another PC(PC2) running the WYSIWYG software.
PC1 IP is shown in the picture below
PC2 IP is shown in the picture below. Both PCs are connected to each other via a Netgear 5 Port Switch.
On the Avolites sim software I have artnet broadcasting line 1 and line 2.
I have set WYSIWYG to retreave Artnet over PC2s IP
Inside WYSIWYG I have used Artistic Licence Artnet node

Am I forgetting or missing something. I can't get WYSIWYG to respond to what I do on the simulator. Anyone have any ideas of what I need to do?
If anything else needs to be clarified just say :)
Thanks for your time and help,
Joel L
icke_siegen

Re: Titan Simulator And WYSIWYG Help

Postby icke_siegen » 03 Nov 2014, 08:09

Have you activated DMX output via Art-Net in Titan? In System -> DMX settings, click on the little i (at 'Art-Net', left pane). I found that in v8, once you assign a new Art-Net address, it starts with DMX disabled.

Also, you might consider assigning dedicated Art-Net IP adresses for both machines (I'd suggest something like 2.x.x.x /subnet 255.0.0.0). And some Art-Net programs do not always react to broadcast - assigning the dedicated IP would help.

Finally, sometimes it's a question of chosing the correct network adaptor (if you have mutiple) - again, the little i...
hantoo

Postby hantoo » 03 Nov 2014, 10:30

Thanks icke_siegen;
I forgot to enable Artnet output. I had been in that panel before however I thought that the button was a click me if you want it to be disabled button.
Thanks for highlighting that out to me :) It now works amazingly!
Thanks for your time and help,
Joel L B
Ben Constable

Postby Ben Constable » 08 Dec 2014, 20:33

icke_siegen wrote:Have you activated DMX output via Art-Net in Titan? In System -> DMX settings, click on the little i (at 'Art-Net', left pane). I found that in v8, once you assign a new Art-Net address, it starts with DMX disabled.

Also, you might consider assigning dedicated Art-Net IP adresses for both machines (I'd suggest something like 2.x.x.x /subnet 255.0.0.0). And some Art-Net programs do not always react to broadcast - assigning the dedicated IP would help.

Finally, sometimes it's a question of chosing the correct network adaptor (if you have mutiple) - again, the little i...

Im trying to do the same thing but where do you find the DMX settings?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 08 Dec 2014, 21:06

DMX Settings is In the system menu. To get to system menu hold (right-click) Avo+Disk.