Auto Patch

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

David Boots

Auto Patch

Postby David Boots » 26 Sep 2014, 16:54

Whenever I enable the auto patch feature of the visualiser it patches in every fixture and dimmer that has ever been patched into the console over the last 6 months or so which gives me hundreds and hundreds of fixtures and makes the visualiser completely unusable.. Am I doing something wrong? The only work around I have found is to manually patch the visualiser but there are a lot of personalities that aren't included with the visualiser.

Thank you for any info that you guys/gals can give me.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Auto Patch

Postby niclights » 26 Sep 2014, 18:34

It should add all the fixtures in the current show. This is handy if you want to quickly get everything in and make links to the handles (so they highlight when selected) but there's no reason why you can't manually patch. If it works in auto-patch then it must be available to patch manually.
David Boots

Postby David Boots » 27 Sep 2014, 01:43

It does add the fixtures for the current show, but it also adds every fixture ever patched.. even if the fixtures or dimmers have been deleted.. there are a lot of fixtures that aren't available in the visualiser library but you can put them in using auto patch (I had this problem several years ago with some Mac 2k performance's and you helped me out by having me use auto patch).. this isn't a huge issue, but I just like showing off the Titan software to all of the Hog and MA guys out there. :lol:
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 27 Sep 2014, 09:01

Ah, I had completely forgotten about that! Auto-patch uses the same library as manual so it so the files must be there or they wouldn't work. However, for some reason the Martin Mac 2000 Performance doesn't work if you try manually. I have no idea why. Are you finding other fixtures that won't work when you select them manually? If so it might be useful to know which.

Could you possibly send me a showfile that auto-patches fixtures that no longer exist in the show (nick <dot> morris <at> avolites <dot> com)?