Dongle error

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Elmer

Dongle error

Postby Elmer » 04 Aug 2005, 21:38

Hello,

when i install the visualiser from the cd i get a fatal error, and windows does not install all parts of the visualiser which makes it not connect to the simulator because the program cant find the dinkey dongle.

Any idea what this might be?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 04 Aug 2005, 23:07

Have you looked through the other posts here about this? There are many.
Phil

Postby Phil » 05 Aug 2005, 09:02

Could you post details/the full text of the error message here so I can look into this for you? I'm not aware that the installer should have any problems at the present time.

It would also be useful if you could let me know what version of Windows you're running.
Elmer

Postby Elmer » 05 Aug 2005, 10:04

it starts when i plug in the dongle, it finds the dongle but wants to install its software (windows XP pro), Windows cant find the software for the microsafe v1.1 (or something like that dont know the exact name of the dongle). Then when i skip installing the software for the usb stick, and start the setup it gets a error right at the beginning when its installing, there was an error in setupdrv.exe

I also tried to download and install from the website but i get the same problem with it. still a error on setupdrv.exe.

The error is fatal and windows asks if i would like to sent the item to windows. I say no and the program finishes the installation.

But when i start the setup of the visualiser it says its already running?? even i have deleted the complete software of the visualiser and then start the installation again?
Phil

Postby Phil » 10 Aug 2005, 17:06

Elmer wrote:it starts when i plug in the dongle, it finds the dongle but wants to install its software (windows XP pro), Windows cant find the software for the microsafe v1.1 (or something like that dont know the exact name of the dongle). Then when i skip installing the software for the usb stick, and start the setup it gets a error right at the beginning when its installing, there was an error in setupdrv.exe

I also tried to download and install from the website but i get the same problem with it. still a error on setupdrv.exe.

I think this problem is being caused by the dongle being plugged in while you're installing the software and dongle drivers. You need to install Visualiser before you plug the dongle into your computer. After installation, you should be able to start up Visualiser and then insert the dongle. At this point, Windows will try and install the drivers, and it should work properly this time.

If you're still having problems then let me know and I'll look into this further for you.