Tiitan Simulator Visualizer

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Tallysrfr

Tiitan Simulator Visualizer

Postby Tallysrfr » 25 Jan 2014, 19:06

For some reason the visualizer in TS doesn't have all the fixtures listed. I downloaded and installed the Visualizer Fixture Library, but I don't think it's the same thing. How do I get it to list all the fixtures from the Titan Fixture Library?
Thanks,
Bryan
niclights
The eManual

Re: Tiitan Simulator Visualizer

Postby niclights » 25 Jan 2014, 23:08

Not all fixtures have visualiser files. You can search the Personality Library to see whether the files you need have been created or not. If they have but are not showing in Visualiser then please detail which ones. Otherwise just request the ones you need. Note that some fixtures are not possible to simulate, for example multi-cell.
Tallysrfr

Postby Tallysrfr » 26 Jan 2014, 19:06

Well, only a few are showing up. Only a few in the "A's", etc. I downloaded and installed the Visualizer personalities, but they are all .r20 files that go with the Visualizer/ Viz Wiz standalone, I believe. I just want the available personalities for Titan's Visualizer to show up. Do the .r20 files need to be copied somewhere else too? I'm rather confused.
Thanks,
Bryan
Tallysrfr

Postby Tallysrfr » 26 Jan 2014, 19:13

Sorry, found the .viz files. They are there, just not showing up on the drop-down menu's when I want to add or change a fixture in the Visualizer window in Titan Mobile Simulator.
Thanks again,
Bryan
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 26 Jan 2014, 19:14

The visualiser requires both the .vis and their associated .r20 files in order to work. These are located in the visualiser\extensions and visualiser\personalities directories respectively. This is the same for stand-alone or integrated. For PC suite (including Titan Simulator) you should download and install Titan PC Suite library. This includes all visualiser files created to date and places them in the correct directories. They will then be available in the drop-down menus in Vis.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 26 Jan 2014, 21:04

It may be an issue with the theatre file you are using, there was a problem in the past where the blankinches.ttr file would not show files beyond the letter m. Note that even selecting New Theatre will load the theatre file set as default. Please try loading one of the other theatres and see if that solves the problem.
Tallysrfr

Postby Tallysrfr » 26 Jan 2014, 22:09

Yes, that helped. Now I'm getting a greater list in the drop-down menu. I was trying to set some generic fixtures to ETC Source Four, but there's only 2- and 3- channel fixtures and I need just single-channel intensity. I couldn't find a generic dimmer w/o RGB either. I am trying to set my stage up with as close to the fixtures I have and then set them to the correct addresses as my patching. But, with more than one channel for each one, it won't match the sequential patching I have set up. I have 8 addresses in a row with a dimmer. They're actually running through dimmer packs (2) and controlled that way. And I have two un-dedicated dimmer packs that can be moved around that are addressed sequentially as well. Can you suggest a work-around, or something?
Thanks,
Bryan
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 26 Jan 2014, 22:30

Normally you would just patch them as generic dimmers. What are you trying to achieve?

Don't forget that Vis can automatically add fixtures from your patch. One advantage in doing this is the fixtures will highlight in vis when selected.
Tallysrfr

Postby Tallysrfr » 26 Jan 2014, 23:55

How do I get it to add them from my patch? It didn't do it automatically for me.
Bryan
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 27 Jan 2014, 00:07

You can toggle auto-update on or off from the visualiser context menu. This is enabled by default. If it is disabled you will probably need to close and reopen the visualiser window after turning auto-update on for it to populate.
Tallysrfr

Postby Tallysrfr » 27 Jan 2014, 04:00

Auto Update was on and it did generate some of my fixtures. I guess I need .viz files for the Stage Ape Hamsters, The ADJ DJ Scan 250 HP, and the Osiris THOT MR600SZ and SETH MR250S. Then will it bring them up when I open the Visualizer?
Thanks,
Bryan
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 27 Jan 2014, 11:19

That's correct. There also needs to be a reference in the Titan personality for the auto patch to work. Normally that will already be there.
Tallysrfr

Postby Tallysrfr » 27 Jan 2014, 15:32

I just request them on the Avolites site, like with the personalities?
Thanks.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 27 Jan 2014, 17:27

Yes indeed. Desk type Visualiser.
Tallysrfr

Postby Tallysrfr » 27 Jan 2014, 18:00

Cool. Doing that now. One thing I'm noticing on the autopatch. I have 8 ADJ Mega Pixel LED bar lights. Most of them get put in in 28-ch mode ( which is what I'm using). But, for some reason it puts in 64 of them (in one spot) in 3-ch mode. In other words, I get 2-8 (7 lights) in 28-ch mode and 64 in 3-ch mode. I'm guessing that one of those is light #1. Is there any way to get it to stop doing that. I have to delete all of them (one at a time) every time it loads.
Thanks,
Bryan