Tiitan Simulator Visualizer

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

niclights
The eManual

Re: Tiitan Simulator Visualizer

Postby niclights » 27 Jan 2014, 18:49

I'm not entirely sure why that is happening but bottom line is those files shouldn't exist. Vis has no way of simulating multi-cell fixtures. I suspect one way or another this is confusing the software resulting in the strange auto-patch (and the fact that none of them work). You can stop it from doing this by editing the personality (patch/[edit fixtures]/[edit personality]/[mega pixel led]). Once it opens in personality builder expand the modes tree on the left and select the 28 dmx mode. In the properties section on the right delete the reference in the 'Classic Pearl Reference' field. Save the file and choose the apply to show option on the softkeys when prompted. Choose 'New Theatre' in Vis, close the window and then reopen it. Now it should just populate with the available fixtures.

Unfortunately the only way to simulate multi-cell in the Avo Visualiser is to manually patch some cells yourself (for example RGB, 3 DMX) that correspond to the relevant offsets of the fixture (for example, 1,4,7,10,13,16,19,22). However, there will be no way to tie the fixtures master dimmer or shutter to the cells. If it was me I would modify the cells to use a virtual dimmer, call the master dimmer something else and fix it at full. This would be in the assumption of never using the macros and knowing that I cannot simulate strobe.

Alternatively use a third-party visualiser such as Capture. Before you ask, no there are no free ones and yes they are all quite expensive depending on number of universes, whether you can get a student version and whether they need a subscription.

Whatever you do, I recommend turning off auto-update once you have the initial patch. This will ensure that any manual edits you make subsequently won't be broken. Similarly, just as with programming the console or anything else computer, save often when editing in Vis.
Tallysrfr

Postby Tallysrfr » 04 Feb 2014, 06:14

All the .viz files are in and working. I still haven't figured out why the 64 ADJ MPLED3 fixtures keep showing up. The real ones are all 28 ch, not 3. And #1 is not one of them. I'll try and trace the addresses of them when I get a chance. Maybe that will give me a clue.
Thanks,
Bryan
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 04 Feb 2014, 11:45

Did you remove the Classic reference from the 28 DMX mode as I explained above?
Tallysrfr

Postby Tallysrfr » 04 Feb 2014, 20:31

Yeah, did that and it didn't work. There are actually 72 fixtures now. Don't know where the other 8 came from, but 8 lights with 8 rgb cells (64 total) makes sense. And when I trace the addresses they're duplicates. Don't know what that means. Maybe you do?
Thanks,
Bryan
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 04 Feb 2014, 21:42

Sorry, looks like you need to remove the Classic reference from the '3 DMX, 8 bit' mode also.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 04 Feb 2014, 21:47

I have changed the personality so that the individual cells of the fixture no longer reference the Visualiser therefore you should only get one fixture in Visualiser for each fixture patched in Titan. This will be available to download from the Personality Library website tomorrow.
Tallysrfr

Postby Tallysrfr » 04 Feb 2014, 22:38

Cool Beanz man! All you guys rock! I have nothing but praise, admiration, and gratitude for all y'all (Yes, I'm from the South. Just 'cause we speak with an accent, don't mean we're stupid! :D ). You all have been very courteous and patient with us noobs, and it is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Bryan
Tallysrfr

Postby Tallysrfr » 06 Feb 2014, 02:17

Has the personality been uploaded yet? I downloaded and installed the Titan PC Suite Fixture Library and Visualizer Library and it's still showing up. I tried to delete the Pearl Classic references in the Personality Builder too, but it won't save it, even when I choose "Save to Fixture Library" and "Overwrite". I Don't get it. Maybe you know why.
Thanks,
Bryan
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 06 Feb 2014, 02:33

It has been uploaded. Note that in Gregory's changes the 28 channel mode still has a reference but the cells don't. So it will probably still auto-patch a single fixture that will simulate just the first cell. Regarding editing personalities just use 'Save' rather than 'Save to Fixture Library'.
Tallysrfr

Postby Tallysrfr » 06 Feb 2014, 03:39

Yeah, I tried Save first. Well, they're all still there. Are they in the main library file, or do I need to download the individual personality files?
Bryan
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 06 Feb 2014, 10:36

There's just the one file. It's in the main library.

Note that to update a personality already patched go to Patch/[Edit]/[Update Personality]/[<select fixture>]. However, if you've already made changes I'm not sure if this will work. It might be necessary to use fixture exchange instead. I will try and look later.