gobos in visualiser

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Mclite

gobos in visualiser

Postby Mclite » 03 Mar 2005, 23:07

Hi! Pehaps this question is asswered somewhwre in this forum; but i haven´t see............I´m working whit servospot 575, and I don´t kwom, how can I see gobo´s weel, can you said me why?. Thaks a lot. :?:
Mclite

Postby Mclite » 04 Mar 2005, 11:17

Hi! Perhaps this question is answered somewhewre in this forum; but i haven´t see............I´m working whith servospot 575, and I don´t kwon, how can I see gobo´s weel, can you said me how?. Thanks a lot. ...........................sorry :oops:
Phil

Postby Phil » 04 Mar 2005, 16:39

If you don't see any gobos at all, but colour, iris, the dimmer and other attributes work, you need to download the gobo library (default.glb) from our downloads website here and put it in your Avolites/Vis/Extensions folder.

If the other attributes don't work, then there's a problem connecting your console to Visualiser, which is a different problem altogether.

There are some other problems with both the Pearl and the Visualiser personalities though. I've filed a bug report for you on our Fixture Personality Website and I'll take a look at these on Monday morning for you.

Phil
Software Team
Mclite

Postby Mclite » 06 Mar 2005, 07:20

Hi! I have the default.glb, in his correct directory, as you´ve say...........but....nothing. I can see only numbers, when I select one gobo whit well........ and................other thing......the prisma is the same thing.............I can´t see it. Thanks a lot by you request. :D
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 07 Mar 2005, 00:32

Unfortunately the Visualiser simulation is pretty basic. Prisms are not simulated AFAIK, nor are fades between colours etc.

The default gobos are represented as numbers. If you want your own you need to create them. See this document:
http://www.avolitesdownload.com/Downloa ... o-info.doc

Note that this requires vector co-ordinates. Easy(ish) for simple geometric shapes, but good luck if you want a spiral or dots!
galaxyshow

New Gobos Library

Postby galaxyshow » 17 Mar 2005, 09:21

I bought a custom Gobos Library

You can find details here: http://www.galaxyshow.com/Avolites_Visu ... ibrary.pdf

Some of them consist of 1000 vector co-ordinates.

If you want the default.glb file to update, ask Avolites Team, i send them the file i've created.

You have to edit the .VIS File of your fixture to use it

Regards
Phil

Postby Phil » 17 Mar 2005, 10:15

That's a very good point. I do have an improved Gobo Library (and very impressive it is too in some places!). It's already in the Visualiser installer, and in the personality download, I just haven't had any time to try and look up the default gobos for any fixtures and update the personalities yet.

If you have Visualiser v6.11, or if you've updated your personalities from our website since the middle of December, you should already have the extended Gobo Library.
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 30 Jul 2005, 02:10

Thanks for the PDF Galaxy, made things a bit easier! I always prefer to look at pictures (?).

I've had an intensive go at Vis, which is why there are a few posts from me LOL!

So why do the old (ie the numeric) gobo's come back, after I have closed and then re-open Vis? My edited .vis comes back into force, when I <refresh fixtures> .
It's as if Vis is loading from the backup file on start up?

Regards

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
GLX

Postby GLX » 07 Oct 2005, 14:44

Hi, I downloaded the gobo libary but I still get the numbers appearing in visualiser any ideas on how to get it to work? :shock:
Dont bring an idiot with you, you'll always find one when you get there!.
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 07 Oct 2005, 14:50

It depends on whether the Gobo for the fixtures you are using are in the Gobo library.
Avolites Software Team
GLX

Postby GLX » 07 Oct 2005, 19:12

Mac 250+ and mac 250 kryptons, standard lighting kit I thought. Any who the visualiser is great for finding out what the desk can do as I'm new to the world of avo thinking, ex-fatfrog man and new azure man. 8)
Dont bring an idiot with you, you'll always find one when you get there!.