Mac 2K perfomance

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

David Boots

Mac 2K perfomance

Postby David Boots » 02 Oct 2012, 11:01

I cannot get the visualizer to patch a Mac 2K Perfomance mode 1.. Has anybody had that problem? Also, I can't seem to get the Visualizer to patch anything over 8 universes even though the drop down window gives me the option to.. it just reverts back to universe 1 every time I try... any help would be appreciated as I have a large show to preprogram soon.. Thank you
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Oct 2012, 13:12

Hi,

I'm assuming by 'mode 1' you mean the 16-bit 31, DMX mode.

It looks like we have some bugs with Vis here.

When manually patching the M2K Performace 31 DMX it throws an exception. However, if you auto-patch from Titan or Classic it works correctly. I am not sure why but this is a possible work-around for now.

When manually adding fixtures universes higher than 8 (ie. I onwards) they immediately revert to 1 (A). However, if you edit a fixture that has already been patched you can successfully apply any universe. Obviously this could be time-consuming. I recommend using auto-patch to speed up the process initially.

An advantage of using auto-patch is the fixture handles will automatically link giving you a visual indication of selection in vis.

I will enter the bugs in the system.
David Boots

Postby David Boots » 04 Oct 2012, 14:46

Thanks Nick.. I'll give that a try