avolites titan mobile and lightconverse on the same pc

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

carlettodj

avolites titan mobile and lightconverse on the same pc

Postby carlettodj » 01 Aug 2012, 07:34

Hi

I have a media version of LC. I would like to visualize my show programmed and drive with my AVO titan mobile on it. WHich is the right procedure to follow for become this possible?

Please help me I need to have this asap because I must programmed a show virtually because I haven't time to do it in real on place.

TKS a lot

Carlo
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 14 Aug 2012, 08:45

Essentially, the steps are:
- make a network connection
- as a starting point, disable firewall/antivirus
- assign artnet ouput nodes in titan/simulator

(1) As a network connection, you might want to install Microsoft Loopback adaptor; do so via Device Manager. Give it a suitable network address (2.x x x or 10.x.x.x, even though Titan and Lightconverse are not that picky regarding ArtNet). Instead of installing the Loopback device, you might try to simply connect the network card of your computer to a network switch; this activates the card, and I got the whole thing working this way, too. But it depends.
(2) Usually, Titan and Lightconverse register themselves as trustworthy programs to the windows firewall, and ArtNet will not be blocked. However, in particular when external Antivirus programs are installed, they might block ArtNet Data - and more often than not, such 'functionality' is linked to some antivirus programs. Hence, as a starting point it's advisable to disable Antivirus/Firewall, get Artnet running, and then enable Antivirus/Firewall and configure it accordingly.
(3) Configuring ArtNet in Titan is described in the manual. Essentially, go to System menu -> DMX settings, and assign ArtNet-nodes from the left-hand pane to the DMX-lines in the right-hand pane. Do not be confused: as far as I know, Lightconverse does not show up as ArtNet sink when run on the same computer (this is due to network definitions - Artnet poll is a 'limited broadcast'...). Just assign Artnet broadcast to the lines you desire. And the last hint: do not forget that ArtNet starts counting the DMX universes at 0