Titan Simulator / Visualiser / Chauvet Products

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

nrosten

Postby nrosten » 30 Jul 2012, 23:47

Done - washes appear again fine - zoom / dimmer all ok - colour still a bit odd as you have to use 2nd wheel which is actually labelled amber cmix which gives you various colours when range goes from 0 to 100 - assume this is because amber cmix and stuff still in original factory r4 file and not translated that well to vis.
Pan and tilt still dont work at all - I am starting to get a bit of understanding of these files - d4 most complicated one but vis and r20 kinda make sense most of the entries

i dont suppose pan / tilt error due to large numbers in pan / tilt section of vis file as below? numbers in R20 are much lower mapping wise assuming default 8 bit values somewhere in range 0 to 255?

Code: Select all

// Pan
ChanRef Pan
    Vismode Value
    UseBits 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    DmxOffset 1 2
    Mapping 0 65535 -265.000000 265.000000
End

// Tilt
ChanRef Tilt
    Vismode Value
    UseBits 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    DmxOffset 3 4
    Mapping 0 65535 -135.000000 135.000000
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 31 Jul 2012, 19:10

Sorry for the delay.

Regarding colour you should avoid this simply by removing those sections from the .vis file and ensuring the associated attribute is set to unclassified type in the .r20 file.

Pan/Tilt looks correct to me for 16bit definitions. The range will always be 0-65535 (256*256) and the mapping is the movement range in degrees which, when exported from Personality Builder, is derived from the physical information section. The movement range is divided in two with equal negative and positive values. I'm not sure if it is relevant but it may be worth checking that the .r20 file has the type set to moving head and not fixed.

To avoid any complications I would continue to test with the new show/restart/patch procedure which should ensure you are using the updated files and there's no legacy stuff hanging around.
nrosten

Postby nrosten » 31 Jul 2012, 22:13

Thanks Nic
still had no luck at all on Pan tilt, after a look at files and comparing them to existing library fixtures from Qwash I spotted this line ..

MIRROR  2   0   0

the other files for similar moving heads had the factory spec pan / tilt in degrees so amended it to ..

MIRROR  2   540  270

and wahey now have a working fixture in vis, dimmer works / pan / tilt. Colours are all completely not working at all but can fiddle with that to get something visible or worst case not bother as I assume I can apply palettes to a program after the event or something to mix it up.

Now to get my int led 350 spots working - will have a fiddle based on experience gained from this fixture and ofc your invaluble help to such a noob in this stuff, its all very much appreciated, will update as I fix it :)

Thanks
Neil
nrosten

Postby nrosten » 31 Jul 2012, 22:35

now got colour working if i use rgb value / selection tool - the macro programmed colours do no work but who cares. So its pretty much there now for my use. Happy Days.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 31 Jul 2012, 22:55

Great. Well spotted on the physical values. I was close! They are missing from the .d4 physical info which is why they were not defined in the .r20. PB must put in default values for the .vis file when they don't exist.

The macro colours were never going to work as it is which is why I said to delete that section. If you look at the exported .vis file the ranges are interpreted as white in the first slot and then black for the rest. This is because they have not been defined in the .d4 functions (effect -> colour field). This, in-turn, is because the manufacturers manual is not particularly clear what they actually are, albeit a common mapping. While you could define them you would have to be careful it still permitted colour mixing to simulate correctly when macro is set to open (default). I assume this is done by setting the open colour to black (0,0,0). It's dangerous to assume though...

FYI prior to your last post I did decide to test this all myself which worked fine.

My steps in short were:

- Open factory .d4 file in PB
- Add physical pan/tilt (for the .r20 export)
- Drop white onto colour wheel 2
- Drop colour macro onto effect
- Drop control onto dimmer wheel 1 page 2 (my habit)
- Click on red and change type to c-mix red
- Click on green and change type to c-mix green
- Click on blue and change type to c-mix blue
- Click on amber and change type to uncategorised
(all other attribute types are set correctly by default)
- Save .r20 with Vis files
(as modes already have device names set it makes sense to use these and not worry about any updates to the .d4 file)
- Open vis files in notepad
- Delete amber, white and colour macro sections
- Edit zoom mapping
- Save
nrosten

Postby nrosten » 31 Jul 2012, 23:02

Thanks Nic

I may try it again from stage one after taking a backup just so I got it sussed for future

One a side note while I am now fiddling with layout to match the venue - I assume the theatre dimensions are in CM? so the default theatre is like 12m x 4m x 2m high?

I will be proper chuffed with myself if I can get the sizing / fixture placement more or less correct - its fairly easy on this front as the rig is a long 3 section rectangular truss suspended around 5m above a 20m x 30m floor.

again many thanks for your help - the washes and LED spots are now pretty mcuh 100% as intended bar the changes you suggest to get it as close to D4 file as possible.

Neil
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 31 Jul 2012, 23:29

Dimensions depend on the blank theatre you start from. If you go to load theatre you will find the factory options 'blankmm' and 'blankinches'.
nrosten

Postby nrosten » 31 Jul 2012, 23:52

thanks just found it .was in inches ..