No white on RGBW fixtures

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

maniacdoug

No white on RGBW fixtures

Postby maniacdoug » 12 Jul 2012, 15:38

I've been trying to sort out some Lanta Fireball PAR 64 Quads (4,5 or 8 DMX RGBW LEDs cans) on the visualiser within Titan Mobile, and I'm struggling. I can't seem to get the white channel to have any effect on the visualiser.

I then tried patching the generic RGBW 4 DMX fixture to see how it worked, and the white channel doesn't respond on those either.

If we take the generic ones as the example because they have a visualiser personality already, I raise the dimmer channel, and obviously nothing happens. I can then raise the RGB channels and they respond as they should, with dimmer having overall control of them, but when I raise the White channel, nothing happens any different no matter what I do.

I have also tried generic 5 DMX and 8 DMX versions and the problem persists. Am I missing something really daft, or is there an issue with the way visualiser handles white channels?
maniacdoug

Postby maniacdoug » 12 Jul 2012, 16:10

Just spoken to Avolites support, apparently the visualiser only supports 3 colour channels (RGB or CMY) hence why when I went away to see how RGBA fixtures worked, I got the same result.

I'll leave the thread here anyway, in case someone else needs the info.
rwg42985

Re: No white on RGBW fixtures

Postby rwg42985 » 02 Apr 2013, 06:53

just an FYI for those who come along like my self looking to fix this.

here is how i did get RGB colors and white...

create an extra fixture over lay it on the other RGB fixture and make the angle of the been 15degreese out from the other fixture.

create separate .vis files that control dimmer and all RGB channels. Patch that light to the same DMX as the RGB.

if all done correctly you will have dimmer control and only the white will come on with the white control and the RGB will be blended in to the other colors. ( you will have white and RGB color mix seprate on the VIS)

this is a quick fix so at least you can see the white and RGB with in the same fixture and probably will not work with some fixtures but for stationary par-cans its grate for just a simple set up...

with out this RGB and white my set up would have been usless... so this was a simple fix to be able to off line programing... :)

hope this helps...

~Russ Gries