Help for vis files needed..

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Beast

Help for vis files needed..

Postby Beast » 01 Feb 2012, 20:04

Greetings.

I turn to the forum, because I need some vis files:
ClayPaky: Alpha Spot 700 HPE
Robe: Robin 600 LED Wash
They are already on the official request list(and have been for a while now, fully understand that vis files are low priority with the large number of personality requests that needs attention;-))
Have tried to make these with the personality builder v. 2.2 from the D4 personalities, and have got the r20 and vis files in place and the visualiser to autopatch them. Am able to control pan/tilt and perhaps other things as well, but can´t get any lights to show from either. From other posts I gather it´s a range issue, but this is where I´m stuck. Have tried to look at the vis-file in notepad, but can`t find the issue..or am not really grasping it ;-).
Working on Titan Mobile and Expert (5.0), and needing to do some offline programming in the near future, I´m hoping that one of you experienced gents are able to help :) '

Sincerely

Beast DK
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Feb 2012, 00:02

It can be tricky. Sometimes it's about making sure the attribute type is correct in the r20 file. I will try and look tomorrow.

I should note that with the 600 wash there is obviously no way to simulate the multi-cell concentric circle stuff. Only the single cell modes are suitable.
Beast

Postby Beast » 02 Feb 2012, 14:51

Sounds good Nic, any help is very much appreciated. I understand that the multi-cell modes aren´t supported, but my thoughts were that the multicell function would, in my mind, only be used for specials, programmed onsight anyway. Could one not "assign" the outer(and largest) ring for output on vis in the event that one patches multicell mode?. In this way you would still have Vis for the main part of preprogramming, and the possibility of adding "specials" onsight. I know this is not "wysiwyg" but still very useful :).

Sincerely

Beast DK
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Feb 2012, 15:21

Yes, that's probably an option. The danger is you can't see for sure that everything else is correct. Certainly that was the conclusion I came to when pre-programming a show with them. I toyed with the idea of additional dummy RGB fixtures to represent the other parts but decided it was all too complicated and the added time & risk wasn't worth the end result. I used one of the simpler modes instead.

I've done the Clay Paky already. The reason you were getting no output was because (for a reason I don't understand) all the iris ranges ran from zero to zero in the vis file - ie. completely closed. I also noticed the r20 zoom attribute type was wrong so this might have been another problem. I have corrected these, added shutter and iris pulse (or approximations thereof!) and fixed gobo index and rotate which didn't export very well. The only thing that is missing is fixed colour details. This needs adding to the d4 file which I was in the process of fixing when Windows decided it had had enough....

I will mail you the files. Remember that the r20 files must be copied to the Visualiser/Personalities directory and the .vis files to Visualiser/Extensions.
Beast

Postby Beast » 02 Feb 2012, 18:43

Thank you very much, Nic, that was fast :) Will let you know how it works. Will also study the changes you made, and see if this can shed some light on things for me too 8)

Sincerely

Beast DK