Visualiser in Tiger Touch

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

iwan hutapea

Visualiser in Tiger Touch

Postby iwan hutapea » 02 Apr 2011, 09:53

Hi,
i just bought my tiger touch, i tried the visualiser.
its easy to draw the plot but i dont know how to programm & record it to the board.

Anyone can help.
Much appreciate it

regards
Iwan
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Apr 2011, 11:21

Theatres are automatically saved with the show in the showfile.

Alternatively you can save and load theatres independently using the buttons in the Vis context menu (select Vis window and then look at the top right section).

When designing your own theatres you may want to turn off the auto-update function. This is also found in the Vis context menu.
iwan hutapea

Postby iwan hutapea » 02 Apr 2011, 11:46

Hi, do you mean everytime i patch the fixture it will automatically patch the fixture into the vis ?

so i have to patch in programme mode first then switch to visualiser to put the fixture in its position.

so i can locate / control the fixture in a normal way programming ?

cos until now i cannot control of any fixture from the board (regular function)

regards
Iwan
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Apr 2011, 12:57

If Auto-Update is enabled then when you patch in the console it will patch in Vis (depending on whether a visualiser extension file exists for that particular fixture).

This method means that both the fixture type, handle and address all match without having to worry about it (handle is only to give visual feedback on what fixtures are selected for editing in the console).

As you say you can then go into design mode and move the fixtures around.

Alternatively you can do it all manually where you add a fixture and define the address etc. yourself. However, this is rather complicated for new users and probably only necessary for customising.
iwan hutapea

Postby iwan hutapea » 04 Apr 2011, 11:38

Dear Sir,

i've tried it, and succeed....
thanx for the advice. really appreciate it.

Best REgards
Iwan Hutapea
iwan hutapea

Postby iwan hutapea » 04 Apr 2011, 12:11

Dear Sir,

i forget to ask one thing.
all measurement in vis is in Inch, Feet, Cm, Mtr, ?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 04 Apr 2011, 12:16

I think this depends on the (default) theatre you use before you start. Go to context menu/load theatre. Here you should have options for 'blankinches' and 'blankmm'.
iwan hutapea

Postby iwan hutapea » 04 Apr 2011, 13:20

Dear Sir,

i've tried it, but when i used the blankinch or blankmm, the fixture would not show up.

so i have to use the default before i patch the fixture.

did i miss one or two steps ?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 04 Apr 2011, 14:42

Assuming auto-update is enabled you should be able to open the blank theatre, close the Vis window and then re-open it. When you re-open it your fixtures should be automatically patched into the new theatre using that unit of measurement.

Unfortunately I do not know of any way to change the unit of measurement in an existing theatre so any customising (ie. positioning) will have to be done again.
peter.rodda

Postby peter.rodda » 02 Aug 2011, 18:18

Hi,

Is there a was to "refresh" the fixture list in the vis?

If I start a new show, and open the vis in design mode and click add Mh button, then I can add many fixtures - from A to Z. But as soon as I patch one fixture via the console (with auto update on), and then go back to look at the add Mh list in the vis, that list of fixtures is cut inhalf - somewhere in the middle on the Robe section.

When this happens, I can only patch and control the fixtures in the vis if they are in that list that is left in the vis drop down box.

Its very fustrating, because I'm trying to patch a show with lots of Robe fixtures, but most of them are not on the list any more once I patch the first fixture...

This may sound very confusing, I'm struggling to explain it propperly, but I do have screen shots of it.

If I look in the visualiser folder, I find files for all the fixtures I need, but they dont all show up in the vis.

What I am doing now is programming with fixtures that do show up, and I REALLY hope that fixture exchange does its job propperly else the show this weekend will be screwed :(
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Aug 2011, 18:54

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this. There was a problem with blankinches.ttr which caused truncated MH lists but this was fixed in Vis 7.20 (included with Titan since v4.0). All I can suggest is trying a few tricks like saving theatre/turn off auto-update, close vis, reopen vis, load show etc.

Maybe Gregory will have some ideas.
peter.rodda

Postby peter.rodda » 02 Aug 2011, 19:15

Hey Nic!

After reading all the threads here, and doing a lot of opening and closing of the vis, I think it is an error with the vis theatre file!

I did just manage to get a few more lights in the list, and then later all of a sudden all the fixtures were back (I've tried opening and colsing different theatre files)... but now I tried fixture exchanging again, and I lost half the lists...

It might be because a few days ago I was trying to set up the theatre in the vis alone (without titan open)... I may have done something wrong...

In my efforts to get things working, I may have also uninstalled the vis, and then reinstalled with a standalone version that may still have the problem (I didn't reinstall the whole Titan operating system - should I try that???)

Could you maybe send me a working theatre in mm? peter.rodda@gmail.com

As soon as possible would be appreciated :) (and thanks already for the speedy help)