Fixture type not found in visualizer dropdown box

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Volfandt

Fixture type not found in visualizer dropdown box

Postby Volfandt » 08 Mar 2010, 01:20

Greetings.
I'm new to the Pearl Tiger and lighting in general but I have been recently operating one during some shows (church services). Unfortunately I'm not around it enough to practice/learn so I've downloaded the Pearl 2004 Simulator and Visualzer to practice and learn on.
I've got a good backup from our Pearl Tiger and I've downloaded it to the Simulator and that part seem fine. The buttons and programming seem to match up correctly. I've also got the simulator sync'ed up to the visualzer and they seem to be communicating properly also.

My problem is that I don't know the specific model of the LED lites (8 floor models, 6 suspended) and the 4 moving lights (suspended).
If I set all of them up as "generic" they work correctly w/the faders but ofcourse they only show white light and I need color.
2 of the floor models are Pixieline PL110-777 long LED units and the other 6 floor models and 6 suspended models are Pixie Range Micro Wash 22K RGBA smaller units. That is the info I read off of the labels.
I don't know what the movers are but I can only get them to illuminate by setting them to generic but they won't move.
I've tried seveal combinations of fixture settings in the setup but the lights only work correctly when setup as Generic.

Is there a way to read this info out of the Pearl Tiger?
Is there a generic LED setting that may work?
Thanks in advance
Dave
EmmaThompson

Postby EmmaThompson » 08 Mar 2010, 09:28

Hi,

Your fixtures will only function correctly if they are using the right personality file. For the LED, you can patch them as Generic - RGB, and have one of these for each cell of the LED batten, but if you have 14 LED fixtures I'm guessing you'll quickly start running out.
It would be best if you could find out exactly what each of the fixtures are - if you use the 'next screen' button above the numeric keypad on your Tiger, and press it until 'patch by handle' is displayed at the bottom of the lcd screen. It will then show you what each fixture is and where it is on the desk, so you can check the personality files for vis.
Emma Thompson
Training and Events
Avolites
Volfandt

Thanks Emma

Postby Volfandt » 09 Mar 2010, 00:15

Thanks Emma. I used the Next Scrren button on the simulator and got to the stored personality's for the fixtures.

The moving lites are: MT_Mac500m4 and I found that setting in the visualizer and applied it. The movers seem to work great now.

All 10 LED lights have the same personality, it is: JT_MWDMX4D and this personality is not in the Visualizers personality settings.

Is there away to download this personality into the Visualizer?
Or will I have to try something else?
Again, thanks for your assistance.
Dave
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 09 Mar 2010, 00:46

There aren't any vis files for the Micro Wash at the moment but you should be able to use Pixel Par 44 instead.
Equivalent of 4ch + Dimmer is JTP_PP44M2

Currently I don't think Vis can simulate amber channels so only RGB will be represented.
Volfandt

Thanks niclights

Postby Volfandt » 09 Mar 2010, 02:57

Thanks niclights
I changed all the LED lights to your suggested equivalent and they seem to work out pretty well. :D
I now have the stage constructed with the lights where they should be and the movers move and the colors are close enough to work out great.
Now all I have to do is study the Pearl Tiger's manual and start programming.

As a side note, looks like I'm going to have to upgrade my PC to work two monitors so I won't have to keep swapping pages.
Again thanks for your help.
Dave
Volfandt

Another question.

Postby Volfandt » 12 Mar 2010, 12:06

I'm highly impressed w/both the Pearl simulator and visualizer. Together they are giving me a very accurate picture and operation of the lighting I want to create. So much so that I'm going to dual monitors :D
The only exception is that gobo's being produced by the 4 moving lites show a numeric digit (i.e. 1,2,3,4 etc) as opposed to the accual gobo programmed into the Pearl.
Will the simulator/visualizer produce true gobo shapes or is this normal?
Thanks
Dave
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 12 Mar 2010, 22:28

Vis can draw any wireframe gobo you like within reason.

The gobo definitions are found in the file default.glb located in the vis/extensions directory and already contains more than you might think. It is also possible to create your own. See http://www.avolitesdownload.com/Manuals ... 20Info.pdf

To see what each gobo looks like, patch a generic moving head in design mode, right-click on it and change the gobo number. To make it clearer you might want to change the fixture orientation and beam angle. Note that the gobo number doesn't exactly match up with the comments in the gobo file (mostly because someone thought it was a clever idea to add number '1a' at the beginning!)

The vis extension files define which dmx values relate to which gobo. As standard they all reference the numeric representation of their slot number. You can alter these by using the VizWiz application.
Dunn Deal

Postby Dunn Deal » 23 Jun 2010, 01:34

I just downloaded the visualizer and love it so far. However, my drop down fixture list does not have profiles for my martin mac250's or scx600's. it seems as if the list is incomplete. Am i missing something completely? thanks in advance
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 23 Jun 2010, 19:26

It looks like there's a problem. For some reason the fixture lists are truncated when you use the default inches file.
Try opening 'blankmm.ttr' first.
Dunn Deal

Postby Dunn Deal » 23 Jun 2010, 19:29

thanks, i will try that in few hours when i get back to my studio. where i would i find the 'blankmm.ttr' file? somewhere in the program files are installed?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 23 Jun 2010, 19:51

It should appear in the visualiser/theatres directory.