Invert Pan/Tilt?

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Elli

Invert Pan/Tilt?

Postby Elli » 02 Aug 2009, 10:01

:roll: Is it possible to invert PAN / TILT in VIS for Single Lamp? VL2500 in real Stage is Pan - Invers to VIS - Lamp! :?:

Elli
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 02 Aug 2009, 12:13

You're absolutely right. Actually I wonder if this is true for many other fixtures.

To change this use VisWiz (found in Vis directory).

Select VL_2500Spot from drop-down menu. Open the tree in the bottom window until you find one of the Pan values (it does not matter which). Then edit the Low and High Output to be the opposite. So where it says 270 change to -270 and change -270 to 270. This inverts the mapping to the actual dmx values. Then save the file.

To complicate matters I've had problems with the application on console where it won't show me the fields to edit these values. If this happens then the solution is to do this on a PC. Note that VisWiz needs associated .r20 files. Probably the easiest solution is to copy the entire Vis directory to a PC.

Finally, you must start a new theatre for this to work because the vis files are stored within them and cannot be updated once started.

The procedure is awkward as hell but it does work!
Elli

Postby Elli » 03 Aug 2009, 17:30

Yes, that`s what I found. You have to edit the File on external PC.

My Problem was following:

I hat a Group of 6 Varyled 384 in the Rigg. Butt one was Pan Inverted in Device - Setup. What do to? For that it where great to add this Funktion also in Visualizer.

LG, Elli :wink:
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 03 Aug 2009, 17:35

Probably. But if the device was actually inverted then wouldn't you invert in the patch on the desk? Otherwise one fixture will be moving in the opposite direction to all the others.
Elli

Postby Elli » 04 Aug 2009, 12:21

The Situation was following: It was a Festival with 2 Console. Avo Pearl Expert and GMA Fullsize. When GMA was working, the Avo was for Preprograming and vice versa. So i hat to Invert the one Lamp for Show, and uninvert for Programing at the Console. It also didn't work on GMA. But in that case this where a good Tool. :wink:

LG, Elli