Simulator crashed and won't work again

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

LDRonny

Simulator crashed and won't work again

Postby LDRonny » 15 Jun 2009, 14:38

My Pearl Simulator 2004 v1 is crashed. I uninstall the simulator from my computer and then i install it again on my computer but everytime i got back the crashed version. I think that when i uninstall the simulator a small bad piece stay on my computer. How can i remove that bad piecefrom my computer or how can i install the simulator so that it's work again ?
Low_ID

Postby Low_ID » 25 Oct 2009, 00:07

Maybe you have your show data files corrupted from an earlier simulator show openning attempt.

These two files are called simpearlavo.sys and simpearlmempool.sys and will be normally located on XP under C:\Documents and Settings\"your profile"\Local Configuration\Temp\

These files contain the information of the last loaded show on the simulator, but if they are anyway corrupted you will be unable to run the program thus being unable also to load any other show.

You can directly delete these two files (with the simulator "off", of course) and the next time you run the simulator it will start from scratch; then you should be allowed to load a new show.

Good luck
Low_ID