.viz for Martin MX-10? Making my own?

Welcome to the Avolites Visualiser Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Moderators

bckeeping

.viz for Martin MX-10? Making my own?

Postby bckeeping » 13 Oct 2008, 18:01

Hi All,

I have an event coming up in the next few weeks for which we will be hiring a pear. As I haven't used one for a long time and will only have a day to re-aquaint myself, I am keen to do some pre-programming using the simulator.

The rig will have a fair number of Martin MX-10 scanners, however I have been unable to find a .viz file for these, although there is a personality in the pearl.

Is there anywhere I can get one from, or alternatively make my own? I have seen mention of the "VizWiz" what is that and where can you get it from?

I also noticed that the Mac250 Entour's do not have gobo's just the numbers, is there any easy way to update these with actual gobos?

Finally! sorry, loads of questions, if none of this is possible, is there any way to interface the pearl simulator with another viz program over ACDI or similar, without a dongle?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
:?
Kind regards
Ben
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Oct 2008, 18:20

VisWiz comes with Visualiser.

The Visualiser manual covers both applications and is available from the downloads section of the website along with a document on creating gobos.

You can connect the sim to other applications via ACDI that support it. For example ESP Vision.
bckeeping

Postby bckeeping » 14 Oct 2008, 13:04

Wow, complicated isn't it!, I am surprised that there isn't an MX-10 one already.

With regard the gobo's I have seen some mention on these boards of some ready made gobo's for some fixtures, are these available from anywhere? I tried downloading the update from the personalities site, but to no avail.

Also, I presume that when the manual says that the "solid mode is not fully implemented", this means it isn't working at all? :wink: I get nothing but a black page.

Finally, re: the ACDI with other applications, I presume that one can ignore the warnings re: dmx outputs that come up in the simulator then?

Apologies for all the questions.
Kind Regards
Ben
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 14 Oct 2008, 17:02

I know some people have spent time making gobos. Have more of a search and see if you can find who & send a polite PM.

Solid rendering does not work at the moment. It is quite basic and can be fiddly if you want to get involved, but it is free.

Can you elaborate on the DMX warnings?
bckeeping

Postby bckeeping » 14 Oct 2008, 17:18

Just moaning by the simulator that I don't have a dongle and therefore dmx is disabled...

I presume this doesnt apply to the ACDI output then?