Pearl Expert - SORRY, no more room???

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

melcu

Pearl Expert - SORRY, no more room???

Postby melcu » 20 Jun 2008, 17:11

When I want save new Palette, text " Sorry, no more room" comes.
I did a Memory Check and it gave me ERROR on 916b4c. And there are more little bugs when I use the desk now. I have reinstalled 2.1 soft, but still the same problem. A little advice, please.
melcu

Postby melcu » 29 Jun 2008, 20:25

After format and reinstall, the memory error is still there. Maybe problem with harddisk?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 30 Jun 2008, 00:00

Sorry there's been no reply. This sounds strange although I'm sure I have heard of the error before.

I think is unlikely is hard disk problem. The memory check suggests problem with RAM but I'm surprised Windows isn't noticing this too.

Can you confirm that the error message is on the desk LCD display and if it still occurs following a wipeall?

It might be worth looking at Windows Event Viewer and see if there are any messages in there. Also open the console and check memory sticks and all connections are properly seated on the motherboard if you have not already.

I will try and get help on this for you tomorrow.
melcu

Postby melcu » 30 Jun 2008, 09:22

"Sorry, no more room" is on the desk LCD. After WIPEALL everything is allright, but under TESTS - MEMORY CHECK the error is still there. Maybe it has been there from the start, I have'nt done MEMORY CHECK before.

But why SORRY, NO MORE ROOM, is there a limit for FOCUSes. The save took some time with last few focuses that I programmed. I had 180 LED fixtures (3 or 5 channels each) in the focuses + 24 moving lights. I thought that maybe the focuses are written all in one file and there is a limit to that file size. If you want I can send the save somewhere and you could check it with another desk?

Its very helpful that you said the problem is with RAM, because I thought that I'll try another harddisk.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 30 Jun 2008, 13:06

It does sound as if you have reached a software limit.

While the Expert hardware is capable of far more, the software is currently the same as used in the original Pearl and had limits set according to that hardware.

I'm unsure what limit you are reaching though. I know you can have a maximum of 240 fixtures or 240 HTP channels and a maximum of 200 palettes. But I have filled all 200 here and have no problems. I suspect it is related to the amount of information stored in then instead since you are close to the fixture limit.

A solution might be to make use of shared palettes wherever possible.

I will get back to you.
melcu

Postby melcu » 30 Jun 2008, 18:14

I was just surprised, thats all.
And I had too much time. Because I never use more than 60 palettes.
But the real question is about the Memory Error. I am afraid that it could make the desk a little unstable.
[/img]
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 30 Jun 2008, 19:23

Olie tells me you have spoken to him about this.

Apparently you have simply used all available memory as defined by current software version. ie. xfree in display reaches zero. Not an easy thing to do!

I wouldn't worry about the error. I'm not sure it's particularly relevant when running on Expert hardware.
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 17 Jul 2008, 13:12

The memory test does not function on the Pearl Expert since it has no memory to test. This should have been removed from the software but got forgotten. The Memory Test result will always return an error and you can safely ignore this.

You have simply run out of room, there is a limit and you have reached it.
Avolites Software Team
melcu

Postby melcu » 17 Jul 2008, 13:17

Thanks, now I know the limits :lol:
And wont test the memory again.