Cuelist with chases and faderless gos

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Dustin Snyder

Cuelist with chases and faderless gos

Postby Dustin Snyder » 22 Apr 2008, 09:46

I have a gig coming up and their Ld is requesting multiple cuelist as well as faderless gos. I told him it's not really that kind of board, but what can i do to make as much of his request possible? This is not the whole show, only the parts that I have questions on.

1.Stage instruments Intensity fx spots, cuelist with slow fader, medium fader, medium chase, fast chase. Important option: persist on override LTP (I can write a chase and turn the link off, but how to write a chase within a chase beats me. All I can think of is dimmer step fx instead of a chase.)

2.Stage instruments Move fx spots, cuelist with moves at will, crossfade IFCB LTP (ok, link off position chase, but crossfade IFCB LTP?)

3.Stage instruments Cue 1 atomics all blind, cue 2 atomics blind fader, cue 3 atomics blind chaser LTP (once again, chase within a chase, and what is atomics blind fader?)

4.Stage instruments Cue 1 atomics all strobe, cue 2 atomics strobe fader, cue 3 atomics strobe chaser LTP (same as above)

Stage instruments Strobe spots (strobe only) with +go off zero and release on go for fader und flashbutton LTP (okay, mode 2 for go and release, but my Galileo 4s don't do this. Maybe a personality thing)

Stage instruments Blinder fx cuelist cue 1 slow fade, cue 2 medium fade, cue 3 medium chase, cue 4 fast chase. Important option: persist on override LTP (persist on override Ltp.?)

Faderless Go’s (would this all have to be done in theatre stack mode?)
Stage instruments Positions spots as cuelist. Important option: persist on override

Stage instruments Colors spots as cuelist

Stage instruments Gobos spots as cuelist (with focus and zoom integrated)
Stage instruments Gobo open
Stage instruments O/W spots (color out, gobo out, strobe out, iris open)
Stage instruments O/W washes (color out, strobe out)

I think this guy needs a hog, but since that's not gonna happen, could you give me some advice on how to acomplish this on my avo pearl expert?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 22 Apr 2008, 15:16

Urgh! I'm not going to try and kill myself understanding that. The guy most definitely wants a Hog since the terminology is clearly specific to that. Even then IMO it is very confusingly written.
It's hard to try and directly convert things like 'persist on override' because that's an option provided relating to the way the Hog works.

I can't be sure of Theatre Stack mode, but I'm not sure faderless Go is available at all on a Pearl.

He keeps using 'fader' when he means 'fade', I think? That makes me think atomics blind fader is either a long manually created long duration effect with intensity fade or one of the built-in 'ramping' effects.

All I can say is you have complex chase options with link on/off along with stop on last cue etc. This could include shapes as you say although this is easier said than done in my experience. But there is no way on a Pearl to have cycling loops within a chase where Go jumps out of loop, which is probably what he is asking for in some way.

I'm thinking 'compromise'!
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 23 Apr 2008, 00:29

One of the big differences between a pearl and a hog, is the roller.
If you have a festival page on a hog, it is usually really only 1 page!! All chases / loops / scenes / colors / gobos / positions are stacked on a single fader:
i.e.
HOG2
Fader 2 on page 1, color chases for spots
steps 1/2: blue/red
step 2.5 a link to step 1

steps 3/4: red/purple
step 4.5 a link to step 3

steps 5/6: purple/white
step 6.5 a link to step 5

Because changing pages on a Pearl is soo much faster/easier
Id just go:
Pearl
Fader 2 facet A
chase blue red

Fader 2 facet B
chase red/purple

Fader 2 facet C
Chase purple white

This way you won't have to put chases inside chases.

All fadersless Go's are things you can do in "run takeover" with pallettes.

The mode2 for your gallileo's: In patch utilities set the shutter channel to fading instead of instant.

It's not gonna be exactly as he requested, but if he's a pro, he'll manage!