Deleting Dimmers

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Beaker

Deleting Dimmers

Postby Beaker » 18 Apr 2008, 15:01

I often have need to delete my dimmers out of my Pearl 2004 and repatch the dimmers on new handles. Is there a fast way to dump only the dimmers and leave the movers patched? Is there a delete all conventional dimmers menu item? Obviousy the playbacks would get hosed at the same time, not a problem. If not, is there a way to delete the dimmers assigned to a handle one at a time? Currently I have to Wipe all and reload my movers to my favorite locations, or keep a restore disk with only the movers patched.
-All of life is a learning curve.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 18 Apr 2008, 15:46

You can delete by DMX number (select universe first) or by SWOP handle. There is no way to do a global dimmer delete.
David Boots

Postby David Boots » 19 Apr 2008, 14:20

I like to keep channel 30 open, and each day I go through the previous days patch and re-patch those dimmers to channel 30. Then I patch the current day dimmers to my handles. So I am only moving the patch and nothing gets deleted. It only takes about 5 to 10 minutes, but that is the easiest way I have found to do it.
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 20 Apr 2008, 11:07

A nice feature would be a 'park range' option or something like that. That would enable you to park a range of dimmers or movers by selecting either the fixtures to park (with the fixture selection buttons) or a range of DMX addresses. This way it wouldn't matter if you were parking movers or dimmers and since you probably have the movers in a range with eachother (or even a seperate universe), you could easily split the two.
Beaker

Postby Beaker » 21 Apr 2008, 00:23

niclights wrote:You can delete by DMX number (select universe first) or by SWOP handle. There is no way to do a global dimmer delete.

Too bad, a global delete would be good. I guess that means you cant delete a range of dimmers either? Seems like you would be able to delete the same way you install, ie: while in delete, hold the first swop and tap the last. Too bad, that would have been nice.
-All of life is a learning curve.
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 22 Apr 2008, 12:26

niclights wrote:You can delete by DMX number (select universe first) or by SWOP handle.

IIRC there is a bug (2004 V1.2) that can corrupt (some) palettes if you delete by SWOP, so it's safest to delete by DMX channel.

I tried to find the post that detailed this but couldn't...

Regards,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 22 Apr 2008, 15:02