Avo expert for internet

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Dustin Snyder

Avo expert for internet

Postby Dustin Snyder » 22 Mar 2008, 00:49

Hey There, I have an expert @ work and was wondering if it is possible to hook up a usb airport to 1 of the rear usb ports. If so, how should I load the driver onto the computer? It would save me a lot of lugging my laptop to work for an internet connection.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 22 Mar 2008, 01:41

Technically I see nothing stopping you from doing this. I doubt you would need any drivers either. But the big risk is with viruses.

If you're willing to take the risk then I recommend you use Firefox as browser. For free AV I prefer Avira, although I have never attempted to install this on the Expert.

Backup your shows. Backup your Vis files. Don't try all this just before a show!
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 25 Mar 2008, 10:09

We do not recommend that you attach and install any additional hardware not provided by Avolites. Doing so may cause the desk to become unstable or stop operating. The operating system installed is not normal Windows and so additional drivers may not work or cause system crashes.

If you wish to use the console wirelessly then I suggest you attach an access point to the Ethernet socket.
Avolites Software Team
Dustin Snyder

Postby Dustin Snyder » 28 Mar 2008, 18:15

thanks. I think I'll just bring my old laptop and leave it @ work. It's not worth the risk!