Pearl 2004 Merge Memory Shape Issue

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

johnhuson

Pearl 2004 Merge Memory Shape Issue

Postby johnhuson » 08 Mar 2008, 16:14

Ok, this may just be me being a muppet so excuse me if it is. When I want to edit a playback with a shape in it, I always use include to recall all parameters from the playback into the programmer, then make changes (usually not related to shape). Then when I press Memory and then Merge Memory it warns me that all shapes will be lost and that I must use the include function which I already have. I then try and include the shape again and it still prompts me that all shapes will be lost.

Is this just me, am I not using include in the correct way?
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 08 Mar 2008, 17:29

The warning does not check if you have already inlcuded the shapes. So if you have already included the shapes, you can just go ahead and press "replace the shapes".
johnhuson

Postby johnhuson » 08 Mar 2008, 17:42

Ah, I should of probably added that on most occasions it does remove the shape even though I've included. This happens on all of our Pearls not just one, is it just me?
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 08 Mar 2008, 18:23

Interesting.
When you include the memory,do you include all parameters for all fixtures?
Is the shape actually in the proggrammer after you have included the memory?
Are you sure the shape is still in the programmer at the moment you re-record the memory?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 09 Mar 2008, 02:57

I'm not sure why this might happen but my guess is something to do with the merge function getting confused.

So, if you need to edit a shape, include everything and then use replace function (or even manually delete the playback before record).

If you need to change something other than shape then don't bother with include. Simply make the edit to the fixture/attribute and use merge.