Diamond 1

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Tim Miller

Diamond 1

Postby Tim Miller » 25 Feb 2008, 08:20

In the back of our shop we have a Diamond 1. It looks to be in nice condition considering its age. Is it possible to upgrade to a Diamond 2. I have quite a bit of electronics knowlege along with a good bit of knowlege of repairing consoles including avolites. The console does have the external monitor along with the dmx upgrade installed. Can an upgrade be done? Also where can i find schematics and a user manual for the diamond 1? From what i am told the case took a bit of a bump and the console doesnt always behave right. I havent dug into it yet, but i'm guessing its something really stupid.
Pearl 2000 upgraded to 2004
Just bought Avo Pearl 2008 expert
Nick Forro

Postby Nick Forro » 25 Feb 2008, 15:32

You will not be able to upgrade the Damond 1 to a Diamond 2 for a couple of reasons.
1) The D1 is pretty much an analogue desk an would require a complete replacement of every circuit board. It wouldnt be cost effective.
2) There isnt enough parts available to build a complete D2!

If the desk has had a bump then I would try reseating as many boards as possible inside and checking the right voltages are getting to where they should be.
Tim Miller

Postby Tim Miller » 28 Feb 2008, 06:16

I cannot find a link online to a user manual, do you have one? Also i would like to install the latest software for the console to get it up to par as far as a D1 goes.
Pearl 2000 upgraded to 2004

Just bought Avo Pearl 2008 expert