cable for graphic tablet

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

guillemzx

cable for graphic tablet

Postby guillemzx » 08 Feb 2008, 20:15

hello all!!!!
I get one genius newskeatch 1212 HR III, I get a graphic tablel overlay sheet. I know that I have to do a modifycation to the cable because the out of the console and the in tablet are female and i need to change one.
Can anybody give me a schematic of this cable?

Thanks a lot!!!!!!
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 09 Feb 2008, 07:13

Hi,

When I needed to make up my cable Alwyn sent me a link that has the pinouts for all the New Sketch tablets, however I can't find it now and I don't think it's in the public area of the Avo site.

PM him and I'm sure he will oblige.

(Alwyn is a moderator, you can PM him from the Broad Index)

Perhaps these pinouts could be added to the Graphic Tablet Trouble Shooting page? Even though it's not made anymore, there are still regular requests about it....

Regards,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
Nick Forro

Postby Nick Forro » 29 Feb 2008, 16:50

I can send you the pin outs if you pm me.
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 01 Mar 2008, 16:25

I said Alwyn - but meant Nick ...
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
RhayaderSax

Re: cable for graphic tablet

Postby RhayaderSax » 08 Nov 2016, 03:50

Hi guys. New to the forum but in need of some help.

My Dad's been using the "Genius Newsketch 1212 HR" for donkeys with PCAD4 on Win 98. No comments please about the CAD & OS - I know he's working in the "Dark ages" but he's semi-retired and it's something he's comfortable with - re-learning something new from scratch is his least preferable option!!

His tablet bit the dust so I sourced him a "1212 HR III" as it uses the same driver & is compatible with Win98.

Here's the problem: The new tablet came with an "Ethernet to parallel" lead. The drivers require a SERIAL connection!

Can anyone provide me with the pin-out details?

Alternatively - will a parallel to serial adapter do the job? Will a standard "Ethernet to serial" lead work? Or is the pin configuration specific to this tablet?

I'm unable to PM Nick as I'm a new member. Please help!!

Many thanks in advance.
icke_siegen

Re: cable for graphic tablet

Postby icke_siegen » 08 Nov 2016, 07:24

Hi - welcome to the board.

Please know that this board is for users of Avolites products (lighting consoles). Only a very limited number of users - and many years ago - used this graphic tablet for their lighting console. But this is years ago.

However, here come some hints:
- originally the 1212 HR came with serial connection on a Sub-D 25 (which you call a parallel connector - but it isn't: it's just a 25pin connector which was used for both, serial and parallel data transfer - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-submini ... ions_ports: "RS-232 devices originally used the DB25, but for many applications the less common signals were omitted, allowing a DE-9 to be used.")
- later models of the 1212 didn't have the cable directly attached, but used an RJ-45 connector (which you call 'Ethernet' - but again, it is just a connector with 8 pins, commonly used for Ethernet, but suitable for many other uses, too), and came with a cable RJ-45 - DB-25
- that being said, I would think your tablet still has a standard serial interface, only lacks the connector you need for your Dad's computer
- there are adaptors for serial connections which interconnect between a DB25 and DE-9. Either you get the parts and try soldering one yourself, or you fetch such a ready-made adaptor somewhere (I fear I got rid of my last such adaptor many years ago). See https://allpinouts.org/pinouts/cables/s ... in-serial/ for pinout, see https://www.google.de/webhp?sourceid=ch ... r+DB25+de9 for complete adaptors.