2008 Software

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

(iCe)

2008 Software

Postby (iCe) » 09 Dec 2007, 14:18

Today I noticed the 2008 software is available for download. But in the download details there are steps mentioned for installing the USB upgrade and aquiring a licence code and such. Does this mean the software isn't compatible with older Pearl 2004 consoles? It's not listed in the download section for the 2004, so I guess there are some differences there. Is there going to be an upgrade for 2004 software, or is the new software only supporting USB / Hard-drive and no new programming features?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 09 Dec 2007, 15:41

As I understand it is strictly for 2008/Tiger.
iadwm

2008 software

Postby iadwm » 13 Dec 2007, 00:15

Nic - PM sent regarding this topic.

Regards,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
Tim Miller

Postby Tim Miller » 19 Dec 2007, 05:15

I'm wondering about this also. I have a Pearl 2000 thats been upgraded to a 2004. It has the borris I motherboard. I was wondering can i upgrade my console to a 2008? Do i have to replace the motherboard in order to have the USB interface? Is there an upgrade kit available? I'm not afraid to jump in soldering iron in hand if necessary.
Pearl 2000 upgraded to 2004
Just bought Avo Pearl 2008 expert
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 20 Dec 2007, 16:34

The latest Pearl software is strictly for use in consoles which have got the HPI board or USB device port upgrade installed. They also have to have a number of other hardware changes which are explained in the download pages.

The only change in this software is support for the USB board so you are not missing out on anything, other than the extensive new features offered by this hardware upgrade.

If you try and install the software on a console without the hardware changes it simply will not work.
Avolites Software Team
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 20 Dec 2007, 18:39

He lives! :)
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 21 Dec 2007, 11:39

LOL

Yes it has been some time, nice to be back!

I have been working hard on developing new software and that has left me very little time to answer forum posts. You may have met other Avolites staff who have been answering your questions in my absence.
Avolites Software Team
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 21 Dec 2007, 17:59

You may have met other Avolites staff who have been answering your questions in my absence.

Unfortunately I'm not so sure of that!
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 21 Dec 2007, 20:08

niclights wrote:
You may have met other Avolites staff who have been answering your questions in my absence.

My turn: LOL! :P If you want to catch up on all unanswered posts (where niclights didn't knew the answer) you've got quite some reading to do I'm affraid ;)
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 31 Dec 2007, 09:45

No comment...

you've got quite some reading to do I'm affraid

I am not support staff I am a developer. I only answer forum threads in my spare time we employ other staff to provide support. So you have two options, I either spend all my time reading old forum threads or i develop new software for you. I am fairly sure I know which one you would choose.

Please note that the purpose of these forums is to provide a comunity where users help themselves. If you need urgent support you should email or phone Avolites directly.[/quote]
Avolites Software Team
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 01 Jan 2008, 16:52

Hi Olie,

I'm a developer myself (not related to the business though), so I absolutely know what you mean :)

Though I'm don't agree on the community part of your post. An 'official' Avo forum should also feature some input of official Avo employees as far as I'm concerned. Otherwhise we could just as well use the blue room, lightnetwork or any other forum out there. A company like Avolites could easily stand out in outstanding support and quick responses just by having someone monitoring the posts here. That person pays itself by an increase in sales over a longer period of time, due to good support channels and people talking about this.

People will only get annoyed by posting here if no one (apart from niclights perhaps) takes the time to answer any of the questions or feature requests. Waiting for your users to call you in case of emergencies is the wrong approach I think.

Nevertheless: I wish everyone a good 2008 and hope all new Avo consoles will be big hitters once again! :)
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 01 Jan 2008, 19:41

Thank you for the New Years wishes.

I sympathise with your comments and will pass them on. I do realise that some of you have been getting a little frustrated with the lack of response from Avolites and I can only promise that I will try to improve this in 2008.
Avolites Software Team
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Jan 2008, 21:13

Yes indeed, best wishes for 2008!

I don't think anyone thinks it is your responsibility, but I do agree with that support is everything and forums are now playing a significant part. I believe it does reflect badly on a company when it is ignored and competitors are taking advantage.
Nick

Postby Nick » 02 Jan 2008, 11:37

Happy new year for everyone !!!!

Hope Avolites will give us some nice features for 2008...

Did someone take a look on the new software created by ETC for their small lighting desk Smartfade ML?
The smartsoft software can work offline or connected ( USB?) with a real desk, and you can access all the parameters of the desk with a really better display, you can change all the contents of a group or palet really easily.
It would be a really great idea for the Pearl Tiger,...