Shape generator & Chase Questions

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Adamastor

Shape generator & Chase Questions

Postby Adamastor » 22 Sep 2007, 01:56

Hi,

Q1 - When creating a shape Is possible to change direction just for selected fixtures without changing all fixtures?
Ex. I Select 10 MH's and make a shape, (change size, speed, etc.) and then want to change direction just the 5 of one side, but wen I select that 5 MH's and press change direction ALL change direction, Why?
To do what I want I write in a paper the values, and select the 5 MH's and create a new shape and copy the values! Is the any better way without using the "paper mode"?

Q2 - Is it possible to use spreed in a chase?

Ex. I have a 2 position chase and don't want all the MH's to run at the same time the same movement in the chase, Is it possible?
CoenCo

Postby CoenCo » 22 Sep 2007, 14:15

Q1:
* create a shape for the first 5 fixtures, set size and speed to 0
* create a shape for the other 5 fixtures, set size and speed to 0, change direction
* use "edit a shape" to select both shapes
* now you can change size and speed for both shapes at the same time

Q2
On a pearl: not possible
On a Diamond4: use "fixture overlap"

good luck
Adamastor

Postby Adamastor » 25 Sep 2007, 18:20

My bad luck, I have a a Pearl :(

Is there any possible way to this fixture to be inclued in the new software?
I think this is a very powerfull fixture, that can create very nice fx's...
pscandrett

More shape questions..

Postby pscandrett » 23 Oct 2007, 18:03

Related to this...

I often use the shapes and save them on playbacks on the rolacues. I have, say, a pan tilt saved for Mac 300s and a pan tilt saved for some Mac 250+s.

Is it possible to save just the shape somehow and apply it to selected fixtures - a bit like the pallette/focuses? The more movers I get the more playbacks I have to sacrifice just to give myself the option of applying a shape to different groups of fixtures...! Additionally, is it possible to amend the shape attributes (speed, size) when it's running from a playback? I know about the mode 2/setting things to timed/static, which I use - I tend to make it so that the speed is set per playback but the size is related to the fader position. However, sometimes I want to slow the shape down during the show but find I can't. Am I missing something obvious here please?

(Running a pearl 2000, 2004 software, still awaiting the tap-twice bug to be fixed! ;-)

Thanks
--
Freelance lighting designer/op/technician based in Manchester - http://www.scandrett.net/
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 24 Oct 2007, 01:47

There is no way other than to store in a playback.

I tend to just combine all shapes on a single playback where there will be a separate pan & tilt shape for each fixture type. I might go further with a structured programming layout where rollerpages are identical other than perhaps RP1-all fix move, RP2-all spots but no wash etc.

For building a single playback out of existing shapes you can use [include] function.

There is no other way to control size/speed other than by mode2. It has always been a compromise. One of my wish list items was a 'connect to' option but, alas, I think the software has no more to give.