Pearl SG.DAT files

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

iadwm

Pearl SG.DAT files

Postby iadwm » 24 Aug 2007, 13:42

Hi,

Could you (Avo) confirm, deny or explain this please...

The SG.DAT on the individual personality disks contains shape files for RGB fixtures, but the compressed files have the 'old' SG files ie no RGB shapes?

Did you forget to update on the compressed disks?

Every time I load a from a compressed disk I loose the RGB shapes and have to re-load SG.DAT (via a file isolated from current individual disks). Not show stopping - just a pain. I find it more convenient to use the compressed files.

The only reason I can think of is the SG files have not been updated to all personality disks.

When were RGB shapes added? I've only just noticed because I've only just purchased LED's....just curious.

Cheers,

Andy

edit: just thought - was it an Expert related change?
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
Nick Forro

Postby Nick Forro » 12 Oct 2007, 17:28

Hi Andy,
Thanks for letting us know about this. The files have all been synchronised and so should all be up to date now.
The compressed files are dealt with differently so were probably forgotten.
Let me know if you have any more problems.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Nick
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 12 Oct 2007, 17:52

Cheers Nick - no apologies nessecary...I was just being an Avo Geek :wink:

Also, I got the Graphics Tablet working with no problems at all, after your assistance with pin outs.

Cheers,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
pscandrett

RGB shapes

Postby pscandrett » 20 Jul 2008, 12:26

Hi

Related to this - I was going to start a new topic but this might have covered it. On Friday I was using some ChromaQ DB4s and cheapy LED pars and I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't use any shapes on them. It wasn't a problem for the event I was working but I resolved to ask here about RGB shapes. My question was going to be, "Are there any RGB shapes available on the shape generator?".

So... following from this thread... how does one know what version of sg.dat you have 'running' in the pearl? I can see by opening sg.dat in a text editor how new a file is but - and I may have missed it in the manual - how can one change the sg.dat loaded in the pearl if you've loaded the 'wrong' one? Before today I had no idea there even were different versions (I suppose it makes sense) but my cached personality files will certainly have an old cached sg.dat too. Looking at an sg.dat in a compressed disk I've just downloaded implies that there were no RGB shapes before last November - which would sort of make sense if I didn't use the right sg.dat on Friday.

I suspect I should/shall update my cached personality files and sg.dat but in the future should I need to override the internal sg.dat, how can I force the pearl to load an sg.dat from floppy please?

I think I just need to experiment more :-)

Thanks.
--
Freelance lighting designer/op/technician based in Manchester - http://www.scandrett.net/
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 20 Jul 2008, 13:46

To update shape file use 'load new shape file' from system menu.
pscandrett

Postby pscandrett » 20 Jul 2008, 14:04

niclights wrote:To update shape file use 'load new shape file' from system menu.
Thanks, knew it would be something obvious. Sorry for missing it.
--
Freelance lighting designer/op/technician based in Manchester - http://www.scandrett.net/