Snap/fade colorwheel

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

(iCe)

Snap/fade colorwheel

Postby (iCe) » 24 Jun 2007, 09:48

The snap / fade behaviour of the color property of a fixture is set in the fixture file, right? Is there a way to change this on the fly? Most of the times I want the colorwheel to snap to a new color, but I sometimes encounter situations in which I use CMY to fade my washlights to a new color and don't want the spots to snap. When the colors I use are right next to eachother, I'll probably want them to fade also, so the color changes nicely.

Is there a way to acheive this, or can I file in a feature request if there isn't? Thanks!
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 24 Jun 2007, 14:37

Just use System/utilities/instant/fade, set attributes accordingly and then specify snap or xfade by programming.

CMY should always be fade. In CMY fixtures I usually set colour wheel to instant, merely to avoid nasty 'discoism' when accidentally fading between colour wheel and CMY palettes.
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 25 Jun 2007, 18:06

Hmmm okay, never used that option but I'll check it out: thanks!
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 26 Jun 2007, 17:56

It's actually in Patch /Patch Utilities / - I'm sure Nic meant that.... :wink:

Also, as with Invert (above set instant mode) it's much easier to use these options with the external monitor. The LCD view does not tell you if a fixture/attribute is inverted(if using Invert) or set to Instant/Fade if using that. And it's VERY easy to get in a mess when using swap and add to toggle between the modes, even more so if you forget to exit and then select new fixtures (when in fact you are changing all your newly set modes). There is however a 'all selected fixtures' selection for the attribute in the LCD view.

HTH

Andy
Last edited by iadwm on 26 Jun 2007, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
(iCe)

Postby (iCe) » 26 Jun 2007, 21:43

Just tried it out and it works like a charm, thanks very much.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 26 Jun 2007, 23:31

Erm, yes. That one.

I make it all up as I go along..... !