Azure problem

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

novatech

Azure problem

Postby novatech » 01 Jul 2004, 07:29

I have just recently purchased a second hand Avolites Azure 2000 Lighting Desk :) . It was in a nightclub and working with no problems once we bought it we gave the unit a good clean and i thought i would update the software to the July 2003. Ever since we updated and cleaned the unit we have been experiencing some faults.

What is happening is while you are using the desk or even if you not using it but its turned on it seems to be crashing, we lose the display on our monitor as well as any lights on the front control panel, if we lift the lid of the unit there is still power and all LEDs are active so then we hit the reset button but after we reset it we have lost our information eg Patch ect. Some times it wont even come back on. We checked the obvious stuff like the battery and that's metering at 3.6v, and have checked for any dry joints or bad connections.

So i have done a wipe all on the desk, re loaded the AVOS hardware and the burned a new program with the July 2003 software, but we still have the same problem. It also occasionally freezes and then we do a reset to get it active. We need to use the desk tomorrow so we are hoping you have a solution.

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2004, 08:05

have you tried to do a hard wipeall before installing the new software?

Azure problem..

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2004, 08:12

I have tried a hard wipe from the Avos menu but i havent tried one using the internal jumper, as i thought it was the same type of wipe all.
AvolitesSoftwareTeam

Postby AvolitesSoftwareTeam » 02 Jul 2004, 14:24

I suggest that you get the desk serviced by Avolites. Please contact Nick at avolites dot com