How can I check all the attribute details on the D2 screen

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

SamHUIfongching

How can I check all the attribute details on the D2 screen

Postby SamHUIfongching » 18 Jan 2007, 12:06

The D2's screen only has 22 lines attributes details, if we are using the x-spot; Vl3000..... etc, they have more than 22 attributes in a fixture, some of attribute details cannot be found on screen. The current software of that D2 is "Jan 2001"
Dave

Postby Dave » 18 Jan 2007, 14:20

I'm not sure what you're referring to?

If you mean the screen that comes up when you choose "View->Patch by DMX" then to scroll up or down the list, use the up and down arrows just below the number pad.
SamHUIfongching

Postby SamHUIfongching » 19 Jan 2007, 03:24

Hi Dave, sorry in my english, when the screen is working in "View->stage", some difference choice have been shown up at the bottom of screen, usual <Intensity> should be the frist choice, and all patched fixtures are behind. I can select what I want to see by the left and right arrows key. For example, 20 sets of Highend X-spot on D2 handle 1 to 20
1)Press View
2)Press soft key A
3)Press right arrow key
handle 1 to 10 attribute details are being shown on screen, but there are only 22 rows attribute data, some of attribute data are missing because X-spot is more than 22 attribute.
4)Press down arrow key
handle 11 to 20 attribute details are being shown on screen
Dave

Postby Dave » 19 Jan 2007, 11:52

OK, I've just been testing out the attributes page over here, and the preliminary answer is that you can't do it. (Basically I've tried everything I could think of and couldn't scroll down the attributes page.)

I'm going to show your question to Nick when he gets back, and I should be able to give you a final answer then. (Mind you, I don't expect the answer to change)
SamHUIfongching

Postby SamHUIfongching » 20 Jan 2007, 08:03

I asked the same question at 2002, Mr. Shahid Anwar told me I need update our D2 to "Jan 2001". Unfortunately, the "Jan 2001" could't burn in our D2, we discussed a lot and tried every method. At the end I gave up the "Jan 2001", so that our D2 was not working under the latest software in long period. The story caused me to remind this question as I received a report about the shape no working in our D2 during show programming at Nov 2006. I didn't fix that on site because I was out of town at that moment and I had no way to teach my collengue how to fix that via a phone. Two weeks ago, I was going to figure out the problem of our D2 at our warehouse. I loaded the show disk then "include" the existing cue and I found all movement shape(circle; pan saw......etc) no working because their speed was locked in "stop". The speed didn't respond even I was turning that encoder. I have trid to record some new cue and found the iris shape and RGB shape were fine, only the movement shape got speed in "stop" after I chosen them (not like the default speed in "64"). Same problem has occured when I create a new show, I thought that might be something wrong in the "SG.DAT". I have downloaded a latest program disk form the Avo's web which was including the "Jan 2001" and "D2PER.CMP". I burnt the "Jan 2001" in the D2 and reloaded the cache, I had no idea why the "Jan 2001" able to burn at this time. Finally, the shape also could't work even the show disk loaded in the new software, but all the new show was working very well. I have tested our D2 amost 2 weeks and the problem does't occur anymore. I remenber Mr. shahid Anwar told me about the attributes display issue so I am doing a test, but the answer is negative. I understand the D2 which is stop-develop product and I never expect anything. That display bug is not very imporatant in the programming.
Just let you know I found another display bug in my test. When you patch a "Scroller+D" in D2, the "View->Patch by handle" screen only can show 4 DMX number on each row, screen don't create a new row to fill the fifth DMX number on it. Try to figure on the following circumstance:-
1)16 sets of par can connect to 8 dimmers
2)Both par cans with scroller and all scroller in same channel because LD want same color at same time
3)Patch a "Scroller+D" on a handle in D2, there should be 1 DMX number in color and 8 DMX numbers in dimmer
4)Total 18 par can turn on at the stage because patch 9 dimmers in this handle falsely
This problem should be solved although I can't find out the worng DMX number in the "View->Patch by handle" screen definitely. That is not very imporatant too.
Thank you for your reply. :idea: