Robe fixtures

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Madwokkel

Robe fixtures

Postby Madwokkel » 24 Mar 2024, 11:22

Hello people of the light,

I'm experiencing 2 problems with Robe fixtures. They concern 2 types of fixtures:
1. Robe Forte is nowhere to be found in the patch menu. I've made sure I'm running the latest fixture library. it''s just NOT there :(
2. Robe Spiider has an inner and outer ring. The visualizer can't control the ''flower'' (inner) ring. Just nothing happens.

Hop you guys can help me, it drives me mad :(
niclights
The eManual

Re: Robe fixtures

Postby niclights » 24 Mar 2024, 14:39

Hello,

Regarding the Robe Robin FORTE, a personality was added to the library four years ago. I have checked and it appears in the patch list when I test. Try downloading and installing the latest library to see if this helps (make sure you restart the software after installing).

Regarding the Spiider unfortunately the flower effect is not currently simulated in the integrated Capture visualiser.
Madwokkel

Postby Madwokkel » 24 Mar 2024, 21:23

niclights wrote:Hello,

Regarding the Robe Robin FORTE, a personality was added to the library four years ago. I have checked and it appears in the patch list when I test. Try downloading and installing the latest library to see if this helps (make sure you restart the software after installing).

Regarding the Spiider unfortunately the flower effect is not currently simulated in the integrated Capture visualiser.

Thanks for your reply Niclights!
Sadly I still can't seem to find the fixtures, although I updated the version a few times.

Regarding the visualizer; I'm using a full version of Capture 2023. Is it still not capable of showing the flower in there?
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 25 Mar 2024, 19:31

When you attempt to patch through the patch menu then it's recommended to use the search box - simply type 'Forte' when you are in the Fixture Type level:

forte_1.png
forte_1.png (26.76 KiB) Viewed 11597 times

Please note that the 'full name' is Robin Forte - thus, if you go through the menu with previous/next you need to go to Robin.

Even easier is the patch view: toggle to the 'Personality List' tab and type 'forte' into its designated search box:

forte_2.png
forte_2.png (45.32 KiB) Viewed 11597 times

As for the flower effect: this is the same thing in every visualiser and for all such fixtures: as far as I know there is none which would simulate such effects. There is simply no description language which could describe such effects, also the manufacturers don't provide those data, and no visualiser has such engine implemented.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 25 Mar 2024, 20:08

Actually I think the problem with the Forte may be in the library. There is an issue where Unicode characters in a personality filename can prevent some other fixtures from appearing when the system is set to certain languages. To avoid this we try to ensure filenames don't have any unicode characters but I found one that had slipped under the radar. It seems to only happen in particular circumstances which means it isn't always easy to spot.

I have fixed the offending file and, all being well, the updated version should be available in the library installers from approx. 09:00 GMT 26/3/24. Alternatively (or in the meantime) you could navigate to the personality folder and rename Ambiane HP111 Surface Mount PW 2700K 80°.d4 removing the degree symbol (°) and see if it solves the problem. Sorry about that.