Connecting Avolite Arena via ArtNet to ArtGate

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Kgranatov

Connecting Avolite Arena via ArtNet to ArtGate

Postby Kgranatov » 23 Mar 2024, 16:59

Friends REALLY need help! By How to connect Avolites Arena via ArtNet to ArtGate? How to set up this connection? There is one twisted pair cable coming from ArtGate. There is an IP address from ArtGate. I used to always have it connected via dmx. I really need it, please what should I press?)))
I'm trying to follow the manual, but it's somehow confusing
Thank you!
gsc75

Re: Connecting Avolite Arena via ArtNet to ArtGate

Postby gsc75 » Today, 07:28

Setup ArtNet on Avolites Arena:
Access the settings or network configuration menu on the Avolites Arena console.
Locate the ArtNet settings.
Ensure that ArtNet is enabled and configured properly. You may need to set the IP address and subnet mask according to your network setup.

Connect Avolites Arena to the Network:
Use an Ethernet cable to connect the Avolites Arena console to the same network where the ArtGate is connected. Ensure that the cable is securely plugged into both the console and the network switch or router.

Configure ArtGate:
Access the settings or configuration menu of the ArtGate device.
Ensure that ArtNet is enabled on the ArtGate.
Set the ArtNet universe or universes that you want to use for communication with the Avolites Arena console.

Connect ArtGate to the Network:
Use another Ethernet cable to connect the ArtGate device to the same network where the Avolites Arena console is connected. Make sure the cable is securely plugged in.

Verify Network Settings:
Double-check that both the Avolites Arena console and the ArtGate are on the same subnet and using compatible IP addresses.

Test the Connection:
Once everything is set up, you can test the connection by sending ArtNet data from the Avolites Arena console to the ArtGate. This can involve triggering cues or sending DMX data from the console and verifying that it is received correctly by the ArtGate.

Troubleshooting:
If the connection is not working, check the network settings on both devices to ensure they are correctly configured.
Verify that there are no network issues such as IP address conflicts or firewall restrictions blocking ArtNet traffic.
Ensure that both devices support the same version of ArtNet to avoid compatibility issues.

By following these steps, you should be able to connect your Avolites Arena console to an ArtGate device via ArtNet for DMX lighting control.
Thomas Mayfield
Germini Stage Lighting & Sound