Titan not recieving midi signal

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Jarmo

Titan not recieving midi signal

Postby Jarmo » 10 Jan 2024, 14:32

Hi everyone, I have a Avolites Titan console and I am trying to send timecode to it through midi cable. If I start the timecode from my laptop, the consoles timecode window doesn't do anything. Also if I go to the usb expert console and to the midi tab in the dmx panel and go to watch midi, there is no raw midi showing. I know that the midi device is sending signal, but the console doesn't recieve anything. The midi output works fine on the console if that helps. Is there anything to do or is the port just broken? :?
icke_siegen

Re: Titan not recieving midi signal

Postby icke_siegen » 12 Jan 2024, 07:43

What kind of console are you talking about?

Generally speaking the MIDI ports as well as the DMX ports are opto isolated - there is a little chip which is not soldred but in a socket, which can be replaced. This would be my first thing to try and check: you could e.g. simply exchange this with a known-good chip from a DMX port, and if this helps, get a new chip from Avo, or from the spare kit, or from an electronics store.
Jarmo

Re: Titan not recieving midi signal

Postby Jarmo » 12 Jan 2024, 08:09

I forgot to mention, but it's a avolites arena.
I think I will just change one of the working midi ports as I only need the input, and it's the only one that's not working.