Override a playback with 0 values

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

gazneale

Override a playback with 0 values

Postby gazneale » 23 Jun 2023, 18:51

I'm using a pearl expert and have a general odd/even chase that I use for moving heads in a nightclub. I've made another playback that is a fast chase down the room in white that only has 1 truss on at a time. I'm wanting to have the second playback as a kind of bump effect, however as the odd/even chase has values above 0 the other effect doesn't run entirely only on the lights currently set to 0.
Obviously swap works but that completely blacks out other fixtures I'm using (par cans etc). Is there any way of getting it to solely run the new chase when pressed. (I did read about playback groups, but unfortunately I don't have access to them on this desk, titan v11)
Gregory

Re: Override a playback with 0 values

Postby Gregory » 28 Jun 2023, 17:24

Some things you could try are:
  • Set both playbacks to lower priority, this should allow you to use swop without affecting other playbacks.
  • Use a shape instead of the odd/even chase as this should be able to override the underlying attribute value. A key frame shape might be best as there is more control and they are absolute rather than relative to the underlying value.
  • If you prefer a chase, instead of recording dimmer at zero, create a pixel map effect with a black non-transparent background (doesn't need any elements or animations).
On newer software versions there are playback groups like you mentioned and also Cross Fade HTP which can be set for a whole playback or individual attributes.